• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

ISO 12646 test: where and when?

Hello,
I have been testing the trial version of PressProof 3 (made by Qubyx) and there is this option to perform the ISO 12646 test. As I understand this is a standard for softproofing. I wanted to ask if anybody uses this test and if so, in when and where? Thanks!
P.s. the link where I downloaded the software in case I didn't make myself clear (English is not my first language):
http://www.qubyx.com/index.php/products/16-pressproof

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I don't understand the logic of posting under different names in different websites the same question?

Here and here, you ask the question under the name Diana and then your different "respondents" answer the question for you on separate website with the same response! You use the name EmmaMolenaar for the same discourse here.

Are you actually in need of satisfying that ISO standard and for what purpose?

Are you just driving traffic to read the PDF everyone references? I'd love an honest explanation.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Since we are talking about high standards of work, you say elsewhere that you don't have a high end monitor!

One needs experienced eyes of workers in color and then the technical tools to implement the needs of the project.

I'd not use that software, but rather BasicColor and their measurement devices for the most accurate work and as for the ISO standard, I don't see the need to be concerned with it for most work.

Still, I wonder about the purposes that drive you to make all these identical posts.

Did you write that PDF or what?

Asher