• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

From some guy in Shanghai

Alex Georgiadis

I am a Canadian photographer based in Shanghai China for the past four years. My main specialties are environmental portraiture and architectural photography. But I also do candid wedding coverage and undertake special assignments. I have an excellent stock of images covering all aspects of contemporary Shanghai architecture, life and commerce as well as the offbeat madness that makes this such a lively city . More about my petty existence on my silly myspace page: myspace.com/alexyes

Soon I will move back to Canada, so I am seeking photographic engagement anywhere in that beautiful land. If you have a project that needs a hard working photographer, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Joel Slack

Wow! China! What an amazing opportunity. That really does sound like a dream assignment. Shanghai seems so exotic to me, but you have probably long since gotten over that aspect of it. I certainly envy you!

Welcome to OPF, and I look forward to seeing some of your work. Cheers!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Alex you're in a very dynamic place right now and I'm a little envious.

The two things you photograph might represent the yin and yang of our present struggle to build and not destroy. Your photographs will be instructive to us.

Today China proudly announced the succesful destruction of one of its satellites. We have such a lot to learn from each other. Here is a great example.

I'm looking forward to a window on the landscape magic, mystery, the great rivers, largest dams, small hamlets, the exotic and the industrial, the humble and the strong.

I'm hoping and planning to visit sometime hopefully soon In the meanwhile I'm glad to welcome you as the Shanghai OPF representative.

Asher

BTW, do you speak Chinese?

Alex Georgiadis

Thanks Asher, for your kind welcome.

Nope, I have been to lazy to learn Chinese as my Chinese wife serves as a personal translator! She is from Yangshuo, which has the most amazing landscape in China. I am visiting there right now for the Chinese new Year festival. Boy! I am getting some great images! See it here in 3D (not my work) : http://www.panoramas.dk/fullscreen3/f14.html