• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Another hello, this one hails from Los Angeles

charlie chipman

Hi,

I am Charlie, I met Asher this past weekend at Franks Doorhof's lighting workshop here in Los Angeles. He told me about the forum and here I am, looks to be a friendly place.

I look forward to getting to know the place.

Thanks for having me.
Charlie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Charlie,

You are so welcome! Yes this is a cool place with no giant egos. Key is pictures and being prepared to take risks in showing your work, accepting feedback and giving in return.

When you post an image, except in Layback Café, it's great to give a context, like this is for a calendar I'm making or these pictures will be submitted to get a job for XYZ or whatever your work or artistic goal is. The main thing is that we should try to comment based on the world of the photographer's purpose so it makes sense for them.

comments will range from the expected "Wow!" to carefully reasoned technical and esthetic opinions. Of course, your own sense of purpose will choose which are relevant to your work. Whenever you give a context and title it allows remarks to be geared towards you. None of that is required but just helpful when given. Similarly film, processing or type of lens might be helpful for people trying to follow how you might be achieving or not achieving your intended purpose.

So there you are! I enjoyed your company and look forward to seeing your pictures here, including from the Frank Doorhoff workshop!

Asher