• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Art Photography Hobbyist

Dave McAllister

Hello. I'm new to photography and I love art photography. Portraits and locales are my favorite type of photography. Anything that tells a story or makes you wonder what the story is (and imagine one up) is a photo that grabs me and I hope to learn some techniques here for making my photos tell stories.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hello. I'm new to photography and I love art photography. Portraits and locales are my favorite type of photography. Anything that tells a story or makes you wonder what the story is (and imagine one up) is a photo that grabs me and I hope to learn some techniques here for making my photos tell stories.
Hi Dave,

You are in the right place. We don't teach but you will get honest feedback and answers to serious questions. We have a lot of subjects discussed so do a search first. Post 1-4 related pictures at a time. Not a landscape and portrait unless the landscape shoes where the farmer you show in a portrait, is.

Whenever you post introduce it. If its difficult to reach birds, explain something about them and their nesting. If its an old church where the minster won't allow lights, then explain how you got the shot. Also say what the end use of the picture is and the like and what feedback you want. That way the folk here will return to you a lot: impressions, responses, insight and technical critique that is relevant to your needs. Without knowing a thing about a picture, we cannot so easily comment in a significant fashion.

So welcome to OPF! To make it work, just add pictures!

Asher

P.s. Also look at as many pictures as you can and give your own reactions, the good and the questions.