• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

3d visual effects guy, new here!

Daniel Buck

Hello everyone! I'm Daniel Buck, born and raised in Louisiana, I am now living in Culver City California, working in Santa Monica as a 3d/2d visual effects artist currently at Method Studios.

Not sure how much people really want to know about me, so I'll just write a bit, and show a few of my favorite photos. If you want to know more about me, just ask I suppose!

Photography is a way for me to get away from people and the rush of work (my line of work can bring long hours) and lets me slow down and enjoy myself and my own work, with nobody to tell me what to do, or what to change.

At any rate, as far as equipment goes, I shoot 35mm digital and 4x5 / 8x10 film. Occasional I'll shoot a roll of 35mm and 120 film, but not very often. My 35mm digital is a Canon 1Ds2 with an assortment of Canon, Zeiss, and Nikon lenses, my usual setup being 28/f2.8 Zeiss, 85/f1.2 and 135/f2.0 Canons. My 4x5 setup is a Chamonix 4x5, with 90/f8, 180/5.6, and 240/f9 schneiders. My 8x10 setup is a Tachihara 8x10 with 240/f9 schneider and 450/f11 Fujinon. More recently I've been getting into older style lenses (petzvals) using them some on 8x10 and some on a 4x5 speedgraphic. I've also been recently enjoying shooting two 'panorama' 4x10 shots on an 8x10 sheet.

My favorite subjects to shoot (in no real order) are trees, rocks, vehicles, and pretty much anything old looking. I'm not really sure where I got my interest in photography, My uncle has helped me get into large format shooting, but I got into photography itself by my self during college. I didn't take any photography classes, it just happened to be the same time period while I was in college.

I look forward to being apart of the community here!

My favorite images are usually my most recent images, so here's a few to introduce myself with:

vara_08.jpg

lily_01.jpg

las_virgenes_01.jpg

positive_paper_031.jpg