• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hi Y'All!

Albert Ramos

Greetings from Florida, everybody!

My name is Albert and I've been trapped in this hobby on & off since I was in high school with my dad's Pentax Spotmatic and Ricoh KR-5. I finally had my own system (Canon AE1-P) in 1988. Went autofocus in 1995 (EOS Rebel XS). Went digital in 2005 (Canon 300D - yeah, I got it from my native Philippines). Finally, I had some spare bucks to get myself my longtime dream of medium format cameras beginning late last year and I have myself some nice used Bronicas - an ETRS, an SQ-A and a GS-1. Now all I need is the time to use them!

I'm hoping to get inspired by all of you and start flexing my bones to go out and shoot!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Greetings from Florida, everybody!

My name is Albert and I've been trapped in this hobby on & off since I was in high school with my dad's Pentax Spotmatic and Ricoh KR-5. I finally had my own system (Canon AE1-P) in 1988. Went autofocus in 1995 (EOS Rebel XS). Went digital in 2005 (Canon 300D - yeah, I got it from my native Philippines). Finally, I had some spare bucks to get myself my longtime dream of medium format cameras beginning late last year and I have myself some nice used Bronicas - an ETRS, an SQ-A and a GS-1. Now all I need is the time to use them!

I'm hoping to get inspired by all of you and start flexing my bones to go out and shoot!
So Albert,

Which Bronica have you used? I have the SQ and it's a fine camera. The camera is simple but the lenses are superb.

I look forward to seeing your work. You are assured of feedback!

Asher

Albert Ramos

Hi Asher!

I've already used the ETRS (the first of the three that I acquired) and I was just so amazed by the difference from my 35mm gear. The SQ-A is loaded with film right now which is near the last frame already while the GS-1 remains unused (just got it from KEH a few days ago).

My only rant with the ETRS: when I had the film developed, I also asked for a contact print, hoping that I would get an 8x10 with 6x4.5 images all over it. I got disappointed when I found out that instead of a real "contact" print, my local lab actually scanned the negatives and printed a proof sheet with images the size of 35mm frames.

Albert Ramos

Wait a minute... let me correct what I just said! That wasn't actually a rant with the ETRS - that was actually a rant about my local lab! :)