• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

howdy

I am a graphic designer who is in partnership with a web designer and I am here to learn more about photagraphy and photo retouching. So that I can incoporate that into my buisness aswell. I have very basic photography skills and have recently purchased a cannon rebel xsi. I have been a avid shooter of all things since a young age. I would also be glad to help with website creation and graphic desgin while im here and here is a couple of photos I have taken so far
IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I am a graphic designer who is in partnership with a web designer and I am here to learn more about photagraphy and photo retouching. So that I can incoporate that into my buisness as well.

Welcome to OPF! This is a kind community especially to people who are serious at mastering their own potential. We don't teach but we learn by showing and feedback as well as sharing ideas.

I have very basic photography skills and have recently purchased a cannon rebel xsi. I have been a avid shooter of all things since a young age.

That camera is a wonder, especially for the money. If you can use lens with an aperture of 2.8 or more open than that, the fine central focus will lock on to your target perfectly. You made a great choice!

I would also be glad to help with website creation and graphic desgin while im here and here is a couple of photos I have taken so far
We'll look at your work, first your photos! This is a great start!

IMG_0156.jpg

This is a fun!

Asher

Yeah i had all 3 dogs out running and the old girl( to the left) and the show dog decided to have a confrontation over the bone so i was shooting like a mad man with no flash and a shutter speed of 1-1600 i belive it was what could i inprove on with this?

Cem_Usakligil

Yeah i had all 3 dogs out running and the old girl( to the left) and the show dog decided to have a confrontation over the bone so i was shooting like a mad man with no flash and a shutter speed of 1-1600 i belive it was what could i inprove on with this?
Hi Aaron,

It is actually a very nice image to start with. The main problem it suffers from is the out-of-focus blur. In other words, it is not sharp. But this is easily fixed in photoshop. I had a quick go at it and had a slight adjustment to the local contrast and saturation. Here is the result:

Original:
IMG_0156.jpg

Edited by Cem to sharpen:
bull1.jpg

Cheers,

PS: I realize just now that I have oversharpened to demonstrate my point, it should have been a bit less sharpened than this. But you get what I mean ;-)

Last edited:

Charlotte Thompson

Bull it is then

I really like these photos and why- because they are real and by that I mean "every day life" and I like that kinda stuff
your dog shots are really nice! and the 18 wheeler is pretty cool -I especially like the dog standing on the snow-is that a pit bull or boxer mix-
well any way hi and welcome!

Charlotte-

Yes she is a wonderfull dog good additude towards people very teritoryal with other dogs. Born athelete as she should be according to breed standard and she is a grand champion in show. Having beaten out both her mother and father in the show ring. And yes she is an american pitbull terrier. But due to ontario law I can only show her and I cant breed her. DAMN bill 183 and there assinine thoughts that the breed are human agressive by nature when all the dogs who riped apart little kids where MUTTS not pure breds. And most of which where owned by degenerate scum drug dealers or gang bangers.