• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Hello all!!

Hey guys!! Let me start off my saying my name is Alexander but you can call me Alex. I am into photography, dirtbikes and PC gaming...Yea, I know all expensive. If any of you know of any cheap hobbies PLEASE let me know lol. Anyways I am 21 years old and I live in Cranston (hope) Rhode Island in the United States.
I was going to make a new thread for this but maybe I should just ask in this one. I have been out of the loop for a while since I sold my camera 2 almost 3 years ago. It was the Nikon D50 and to this day I still miss it and regret selling it. I was going to ask about the D40, D40x and the D60 but I have decided I would like to look at the D80 and the D90 instead. I still have alot to learn but I am confident I can handle the D80 atleast. Taking that and price into account could you give your opinions on the two cameras? I have both read and watched reviews but I am still unsure. I am leaning towards the D80 for the sheer price. I can get the D80 with lens kit for $850 new or the D90 for $1300 with a lens kit. Any and all help is appreciated!! Thank you.

Alex

Edit* Figured id throw some of my photos in for you guys!

DSC_0007psd.jpg

DSC_0015psd.jpg

DSC_0078grape.jpg

DSssC_0075psd.jpg

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Alex
welcome aboard OPF!
I like your goat's portrait, a nice guy! (Though, personnally, I had preferred a more strong bokey for the grass in BG…)

I have no opinion about the gear your mention, but' I'm sure someone here will be able to answer your question…