• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A new frenchie

Nicolas Genette

pro member
Hi there !
Hope to discuss about photography, emotion, art market, and such.
Get bored by all the gear forums where no one talk photography but just high iso and which lense to buy ...
Seems a lot better there, so here I am. Can't wait to read you and starting writing, too.

For those who would know a bit more, you're just a few clicks left : www.nicolasgenette.com

Regards,
Nic

Cem_Usakligil

Bonjour Nicolas,

Let me be the first to welcome you here :). I know that our other French members will join me soon but our other Nicolas -the Claris one ;-)- is out on a shoot so it'll be a few days later.

We are an international community consisting of people interested in all aspects of photography. We also discuss about the technicalities of taking photographs but our main goal is to share pictures with each others. By means of delivering open and honest comment and critique to those, we can then elevate our competences to higher levels.

You are very welcome here, please make yourself at home.

Cheers,

Nicolas Genette

pro member
Thanks Cem !

When I talk about geting bored by gear, just to clarify I'm not against technic, quite the contrary, but when it serve a vision. I see more and more people just proud of using gear, not looking to say something with it. Gear it just a tool to achieve something, not a purpose itself.
Now let's talk about photography :)
Can't wait to share with others, frenchs or not (lol), and have already seen some very interesting topics to read !!
Nic

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Cem !

When I talk about geting bored by gear, just to clarify I'm not against technic, quite the contrary, but when it serve a vision. I see more and more people just proud of using gear, not looking to say something with it. Gear it just a tool to achieve something, not a purpose itself.
Now let's talk about photography :)
Can't wait to share with others, frenchs or not (lol), and have already seen some very interesting topics to read !!
Nic
Bonjour Nicolas,

Mois aussi je suis vraiment content avec an autre Français chez nous. Je souhaite que vous aller montrer plusieurs exemples de vos ouvrés.

Je vous en prier d'accepter l'écriture en français, même je me trompe deux or trois mots ici et la bas!

Asher

Nicolas Genette

pro member
Hi Asher, and thanks for your wellcome. Your french is certainly better than my english, so you are of course accepted lol :)

Just a question, why I can't post on "Pro-business Forum" ? Wanted to answer in a thread and have "not allowed or account not activated" message.

Nic

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Asher, and thanks for your wellcome. Your french is certainly better than my english, so you are of course accepted lol :)

Just a question, why I can't post on "Pro-business Forum" ? Wanted to answer in a thread and have "not allowed or account not activated" message.

Nic
Hi Nicolas,

Posting in pro-business forum is open to professional members only (but all other members can read what's being posted). Any new pro member should ask Asher or Nicolas Claris to add his/her names to the list, it is not an automated process. Hope this answers your question?

Cheers,

Nicolas Genette

pro member
Hi Nicolas,

Posting in pro-business forum is open to professional members only (but all other members can read what's being posted). Any new pro member should ask Asher or Nicolas Claris to add his/her names to the list, it is not an automated process. Hope this answers your question?

Cheers,

Sure, I understand and I think it is a nice thing to keep it in right direction. Will ask.

fahim mohammed

Is there something special about the photography of pro members that they are given this exclusive space? can mere mortals not be good enough?

Just asking folks?

Hi Nicolas,

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Is there something special about the photography of pro members that they are given this exclusive space? can mere mortals not be good enough?

Just asking folks?
Fahim,

Glad to greet you! The place was asked for to deal with problems that Pros face with their business. That simple. Anyone who earns their living from photography is welcome to join. They are not necessarily better photographers, just faced with unique issues that they can work on, each bringing some experience to the solution. Hopefully, that's how it should be.

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Let me be the first to welcome you here :). I know that our other French members will join me soon but our other Nicolas -the Claris one ;-)- is out on a shoot so it'll be a few days later.

Bonjour Nicolas,
bienvenue sur OPF!
Yes I've been away quite a long time and did bring back loads of files to select and prepare for clients… very time consuming!

So I won't reword what Asher and Cem said, but I'm glad when french photographers do join here! We're a small few but active!

I had a quick look to your website… They are some beautifull images!!!

Hey OPFers! visit Nicolas' website! absolutely stuning… http://www.nicolasgenette.com

I have set your profile to pro member so you can post in the pro forum.

Bien cordialement

Nicolas Genette

pro member
Hi Nicolas ;-)

Many thanks for your message. I must admit I also really like what you do. First, because as a sailor (49er, 18foot skiff, etc) I love sea, ocean and sailboats, but also because you put something more in your shots, a real eye on it, and your work is clean, well down with attention to details. And gosh, you have access to some fabulous both on earth !!

Regards,
Nicolas

PS : Si un jour tu passe en bretagne sud, n'hesite pas ...

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Merci Nicolas
let's stop mutual congrats, otherwise we'll bore our OPF friends!
I have some plan in South Britanny for soon, I'll let you know if they are confirmed and of course would then try to visit you…