• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Another hi from Melbourne, Australia

Richard Reeve

Hello.
I saw this site referenced on a tweet from Timothy Armes (of LR2/Mogrify fame) and it looks interesting so here I am.
I live in the Dandenong Ranges about 40km east of Melbourne, during the autumn, winter and spring it's a photographers paradise and during the summer it's a bush fire waiting to happen so life is always interesting here. Unfortunately my photography skills don't do the area justice but with a lot more practice and maybe some C&C one day I will capture the "perfect" image. We all live in hope...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hello.
I saw this site referenced on a tweet from Timothy Armes (of LR2/Mogrify fame) and it looks interesting so here I am.

Tim is a careful photographer. His "mogrify" sounds to me like a wizard's brew that will tame monsters or stop zombies in their tracks! I'll have to catch up on it's real purpose, but I do know that he's a talented programmer and folk really like his plugins.

To me he's the talented fellow who takes pictures of artisans. His work is very specially cared for in it's conception and presentation.

I live in the Dandenong

That already sounds like an aborigine word! What does it eman?

Ranges about 40km east of Melbourne, during the autumn, winter and spring it's a photographers paradise
So, pos some snaps. They don't ever need to be masterpieces. We're all on a journey, none of us are "there" yet or we'd pack up!

......and during the summer it's a bush fire waiting to happen so life is always interesting here.
We have a photographer, Nikolai, who always seems to be there when fires break out. If not that I know him, I'd think he starts them just to get the super pictures he shows. So happens he's located near the epicenter from which fire trucks are sent to the fires in the hills surrounding Thousand Oaks, California.

So keep a look out. Fire. as you probably know, does the ground a lot of good and is needed to get rid of overgrowth and trigger germination of many plants that would otherwise be suppressed completely by the forrest. There are even great photographic opportunities when the fire is totally out. The burnt stumps, black ground and ruins all can be great subjects.

Unfortunately my photography skills don't do the area justice but with a lot more practice and maybe some C&C one day I will capture the "perfect" image. We all live in hope...

The motto you might consider adopting is,

"Don't think!"....... "Try!"

Just get out, take the pictures and post the 1-4 best you can.

Asher