• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Nikon Germany to concentrate on full frame products

Doug Kerr

"Nikon Germany to concentrate on full frame products"
Headline on Nikon Rumors​

Oh, Gott sei Dank. I am so frustrated by those cameras whose sensors only cover part of their frame.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Oh, Gott sei Dank. I am so frustrated by those cameras whose sensors only cover part of their frame.

If it's true, Doug, it flies in the face of current trends to either more accessible MF or else professional quality more compact APS-C and full frame cameras. I see no reason why wedding photographers would not move to the Sony Alpha in droves. It's 7R version could cover and large event picture!

It doesn't make any sense to focus on heavy shells for the same wonderful Sony sensors!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Best regards,

Doug
Yes indeed. Incredible how all those cameras are equipped with partial sensors, isn't it?

Doug Kerr

Hi, Cem,

Yes indeed. Incredible how all those cameras are equipped with partial sensors, isn't it?
Yes.

Its related to the "crop camera" problem.

My only crop camera is a Folding Pocket Kodak 3-A. We bought it in an antique shop in Oklahoma. We suspected it might be a crop camera because of the U.S.Department of Agriculture property decal on it.

Sure enough, I found a lab to develop the film that was in it, and the result proved the conjecture:

Kodak_3A_01_AR.jpg

Photographer unknown (presumably U.S. Government Employee,
on duty, hence this is in the public domain).​

The camera also meets the repulsive modern use of the term "crop camera", as its frame size is smaller than the frame size of another kind of camera.

Best regards,

Doug