• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Fun: Tony Bonanno's Hooves and Dust Exhibit in Dallas!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
u902512372-53.jpg

I'm so happy to have the following news from our talented friend and contributor, Tony Bonanno.

Regarding the Dallas show of the Hooves and Dust series.....

"The space turned out to be really nice by the time the event was scheduled to open. Unfortunately, the turnout was quite light as there were numerous competing events in the area. The good news was in spite of the light turnout, 5 of the 13 pieces sold last night (at $1000 + each), so I'm confident we'll see more sales over the next few weeks. The show will be up until Dec 1st. There was a lot of enthusiasm and very positive comments from those that did attend. A couple of the photos attached give you an idea of the space prior to the event... it looked quite nice. They also had two big LCD's going with images from the full body of work and the theme from Dances with Wolves playing. The usual reception goodies were catered and there was valet parking. The owner seemed please in spite of the light turnout. The photo of me is with the gallery manager and owner.

I'm looking forward to getting home now.

Please encourage all your Texas friends to visit the gallery and enjoy the show" :)

Here's a link to the Show preview ... http://hoovesanddust.com/p693377140

And here is a link to the Hooves and Dust website... http://hoovesanddust.com

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Congrats Tony! I hope you make a lot of sales. This is very fine work and you for sure risked life and limb crouched in the midst of galloping stallions!

Asher

Tony Bonanno

pro member
Thanks Asher and all !

Was a real treat to be in Dallas. First time the work has ever been shown there. I was sure pleased to see that the Dallas crowd appreciated the subject matter and aesthetics of the work. By the way Asher, the image you used in this thread was shot in 2005, but I never showed it until this exhibition. It's becoming one of my favorites. Can't believe I overlooked it for five years. I guess there's something to the idea of re-visiting your work once in awhile.

Hope everyone is doing well. It's been a tough year and a half on the commercial side of my business. Have a feeling I'll be doing more of my personal projects from this point on. Another project some of you may have an interest in taking a peek at is here.. http://cubafotografo.com

Cheers,

Tony

Asher Kelman

By the way Asher, the image you used in this thread was shot in 2005, but I never showed it until this exhibition. It's becoming one of my favorites. Can't believe I overlooked it for five years. I guess there's something to the idea of re-visiting your work once in awhile.

Tony,

We've been following you avidly from the first exhibit and now it seems like yesterday.

Hope everyone is doing well. It's been a tough year and a half on the commercial side of my business.

Quite a few folk here have had to reframe themselves over the past 24 months. In each case, it's been a period of self-evaluation a rebirth but growth as self discovery brings forward new parts that can now flourish. That's how it is. The worst can be the best!

Have a feeling I'll be doing more of my personal projects from this point on.

That's important, as focusing energy on your core ideas and love will pay off. You already have established a name for yourself and sort of broken through the success barrier. Now you have to march through the space you've created!

Another project some of you may have an interest in taking a peek at is here.. http://cubafotografo.com

Cuba is a place I dream of visiting. First part of the tour will be to see what caught your eye! There's dust there, for sure, but the broncos are 1950 Cadillacs and Mustangs and ford flatbeds, LOL!

Asher

Tony Bonanno

pro member
Thank you for the nice comments John. The Cuba Project has been an ongoing effort, driven by passion and a long standing interest. Very pleased you liked it. It has been frustrating, expensive, and complicated. I've been traveling on a Treasury Department license for the research components. It is a country and culture that is changing fast.