• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Man on the Street

Funny the people you meet in your neighborhood.

Native Dancer San Miguel.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Funny the people you meet in your neighborhood.

Native Dancer San Miguel.jpg

That is unique! He's not alone, as I can see other costumed folk nearby.

I wonder what the occasion is? Some Rights of Passage, protest, theater, performance or fancy dress?

Any idea if this is genuine anything or just a mismatch of "stuff" that seems "Native American?

Asher

Members of his "tribe" were in town for the annual Festival of San Miguel de Allende. I was sitting in our house and heard some drums down the street. "Drums down the street" is a colloquialism from the Latin meaning, "Grab your camera and run!" They were rehearsing for the festival in the park by our house. I got a few great shots. Most of the people in the background are family members of the dancers.

Here's another one.

Native Dancer San Miguel 2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Really fabulous!

I am so happy you are sharing this experience as it cannot simple be discovered by dropping by your neighborhood.

Are you going to attend the festival. See if you can get a link to them.

Asher