• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Splash

Was looking for some "explosive" feeling and didn't want to go 4th-of-July-frieworks route.
So, came to this one...:)

170538847-O.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nikolai I love it! What on earth is it?

Every drop here is important in such a picture. I'd open this up, if you can, to get the rest of the drops. I'm strongly against to depriving images of power by over-framing. If one shows just the lips, one can increase the feelings implied, however, limiting the spray here is not fair!

The blame I put on the zoom and also on teachers who preach "tight framing". "Tight" is for skirts not explosions!

Still, once again you surpise me. This is so much a Nikolai style; delightful, nothing less. Thanks for sharing! Could you also explain your set-up?

Asher

Asher,
thank you for the prompt reply!
It's, well, a splash:)

And sorry, no extra, that was the crop I got from the camera. I like the the skirt comparison though! :) Hopefully it will remind me to keep the crop loose in the future...

And here's the whole setup...

01: Here's basic setup: camera, flash and a "backdrop":

170594956-L.jpg

02: Since there was a lot of splashing going around, some basic protection made out of sandwich bags and rubber rings:

170595014-L.jpg

03: I had no assistance, so I had to press the remote with my teeth:
170595064-L.jpg

04: Hold the galss and get some action from the hose:
170595221-L.jpg

HTH

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Great initiative!

No wonder Leningrad survived the winter siege from the Nazis in WWII!

Yo did well, Nikolai!

And the ball head is?

Asher

Angelica Oung

Awesome setup. I never thought it was an outdoor shot from the picture. The force of the water from the hose really gave it so much vitality.