• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Perhaps a dumb question, but...

Mike Spinak

pro member
The description for the Photography as Art forum says:

Imagery where the photographer has expressed feelings and vision in an image. Even if the effort is incomplete....

I try to express feelings and vision with most every photo I make. I imagine most dedicated photographers do the same. So, how do I demarcate which of my picture postings I should put here, and which I should place elsewhere?

Thank you.

Dangerous ground

Mike, perhaps you should read some of the previous threads in this forum to get a sense of what this forum is about. I think appropriate images are those that provoke discussion of the photography / art thing.

I warn you though, discussions in this forum seem to get more heated than any other forum on OPF.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
These are images which do not belong in a vertical photography market such as Architecture, Fashion or Wedding ot technical section like Macro, but would hope to be in a gallery or sold as "art"!

So of course there is cross over. All photography is like that. Cross pollination!

Asher

Mike Spinak

pro member
Thank you for the fast responses.

Even though I'd like to imagine that my postings could provoke discussion of photography and art, and even though some of them are likely to wind up in galleries... I think I'll try to fit my picture postings elsewhere.