• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Got To Keep Trying III

Hello everyone,

This is another pic from the Same Session I did with Brandi. Remember, this was my First Time with a MUA
Comments/Critiques on how to improve welcome.

4741w.jpg

--William

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Of course all the color is cordinated. Works!

I'd check the hue of the pants and adjust to exactly that of the scarf.

There's an apparent over shrpening of the lower edge of the pants or it it a shadow?

Again, her face is better than any other part of her body and she looks like a doll!

You might re look at the shoes, perhaps you did retouch the upper edge of the shoe leather but this seems a bit off?

She really seems to work hard for you. I just would love to feed her up for several months!

In Europe, there's mopvement to ban ultrathin models from fashion shows! Who would think! Meanwhile "Twiggy" still earns a good salary!

Asher

Don Lashier

William, I like your work - it's got a very cool Oriental look (model aside). Still I might like it a tad warmer.

WTF are you doing in Lancaster? In my ancient past this was at best a Friday night dinner stop on the way to Mammoth, and even then we'd usually hold out for Mojave or maybe the Chinese restaurant in the middle of nowhere halfway to Red Rock. ;)

- DL

Of course all the color is cordinated. Works!
:)

I'd check the hue of the pants and adjust to exactly that of the scarf.
It is an option but decided to leave it as is. Thanks!

There's an apparent over shrpening of the lower edge of the pants or it it a shadow?
That's a shadow

Again, her face is better than any other part of her body and she looks like a doll!
She's very pretty, more so in person and a very nice 21 year old young lady who is going to college to be a nurse.

[qute]You might re look at the shoes, perhaps you did retouch the upper edge of the shoe leather but this seems a bit off?
The shoes are weird looking, not her size and do not match the style as you mentioned, all we had so I made the call to ahead with it. :(

really seems to work hard for you. I just would love to feed her up for several months!
She does work hard not just for me but on everything she does. Well, she has had dinner here with my wife and I when we shot her the whole day and let me tell you, she eats EVERYTHING! I guess is her metabolisms that keeps her thin and healthy.

In Europe, there's mopvement to ban ultrathin models from fashion shows! Who would think! Meanwhile "Twiggy" still earns a good salary!

Asher
Oh yes, I've heard and read about it. But this model is a healthy natural thin person and in my bok nothing wrong with that as long as they're natural that way of course.

Thanks a bunch for your comments and suggestions.

William

William, I like your work - it's got a very cool Oriental look (model aside). Still I might like it a tad warmer.
Glad to hear that some one like my work and I guess oriental it is :)
I'm just trying to find my style so I'm trying all sort of things etc.

WTF are you doing in Lancaster? In my ancient past this was at best a Friday night dinner stop on the way to Mammoth, and even then we'd usually hold out for Mojave or maybe the Chinese restaurant in the middle of nowhere halfway to Red Rock. ;)

- DL

LOL well, I live here, I moved here a few years ago after we bought a house etc. oh yes, Red Rocks, hmm I have not visit that place yet but will try to one of these days.

Appreciate your comments.

--William

Well, looks like I'm the only one posting on this forum, perhaps I should stop and let some one else post too!

Besides, sports season is in full swing so back to shooting HS sports. I may still shoot models if I get the chance, I still have a few more other model pics that I have not posted yet but I'll wait a while.

Thanks everyone

--William

Asher Kelman

Well, looks like I'm the only one posting on this forum, perhaps I should stop and let some one else post too!

William,

You're here in California, my neighbor, no less! We hardly need to go on vacation, the place is so beautiful. People follow your model pictures avidly, except most don't post, that's the Internet. We have 700-1000 people here every day and most just read! This is no different than a lecture hall with 300 people where say 5 questions are asked the speakers!

A lot of OPFers are or have been on vacation in the summer heat. Try to do more, as your work is instructive.

Asher

I did not know you were in California and that we're neighbors WOW!
I thought you were some where in Europe ;)

Oh I'm not complaining that I'm the only one that post on this forum, I just don't want to be the norm if I can call it that.
I want to to be challenge by looking at people's images, talk about them, share tips on how to get better lighting, interact with photographers that also shoot glamour/fashion etc. Maybe in September when people get back from summer vacation that'll change.

Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciated.

--William

Asher Kelman

Hi William,

I think you'll get a call from Will Tompson! He's in Orange county. Kathy Rapaperport is in Thousand Oaks near Nikola Skobovsky. We can shoot together. That can happen this Sunday if you are available. Send him a PM with your tel number if you wish! Is your model available?

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
some just lurk

William,

I have been following the thread. I am into portraits/Weddings and have some fashion/boudior things in the works for my studio that I am setting up.

Much of this kind work is to personal taste - it takes a lot to do this kind of work. Every detail needs attention. I love the look of high key and low key lighting.

You have to keep practicing and studying to get to a point that will make you happy. So you learned how vital shoes are to this. I like the faded light. The brightness of the pink/red color to me is too strong. I think it detracts from your model's beauty.

What do you plan to do with this?

Fine, William,

We'll organize a weekend model shoot anyone near Los Angeles. If you are interested, let me know

1. dates in September October and November that you might be available,
  2. alreadybooked up weekends!
  3. level of studio lighting and model photography experience
    [*if you have a studiuo available for this
  4. by PM so we have all the responses in one place?

Asher

Last edited by a moderator: