• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Serious fun with any smartphone! Post your favorites!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Sometimes, just to record a souvenir, an iPhone snap is sufficient…

22814321_1948459182059419_6691450988053345154_n.jpg

This was our team haking some rest and food during a shoot recently described in the thread A catamaran in the Balearic islands

A lot of workers! Now what is the yellow food?

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
A lot of workers!

Asher

You're right!

From left to right:

Bernard Stumpf : owner and skipper of the 50’ feet catamaran chase boat
Philippine : My Princess :) She works as model for many years now, but only for Romain and I Lovely, cute and very professional!
Romain : the videographer!
Julia Marié : Our model for this shoot
Sébastien Peyrefitte : Our model for this shoot (we’ve already shot a lot of boats with him, damned good guy!)
Olivier d’Enquin : Skipper of the Lagoon for this shoot (we’ve already shot a lot of boats with him, damned good guy!)
Louis : the brother of Philippine, same comments as for his sister
Loic Lagrange : Philippine’s and Louis’ father, crew of the Lagoon
Alexandre d’Auberville : Marketing Manager of Lagoon (and CNB). THE boss!
Christophe De Kerdrel : crew of the Lagoon
Cusina Stumpf : Our cook! Feeding 11 starving guys and gals, is not so easy, not to mention that timing is NEVER respected…

The main difficulty for the crew onboard the Lagoon is that we must not see them on the images!
So they have to trim the boat and then get hidden inside… And let the models acting as if thy were handling the boat.

Asher Kelman

Thanks for adding the details to the pictures. Here is one of the very best examples of the value of commentary that each pictures deserves.

The photographs were all already rich, inviting and impressive, but now we have breached an invisible social barrier often present.

You have introduced us to a large group of friend and given us the feelingvyhat if we happened along, we would be invited to join the feast.

I never felt that I would be invited to join the table at "The Last Supper". But with your description there would be a place, even for me!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Budget smartphones are not that bad either (Samsung Galaxy J7 here).
It might be helpful to install the 'open camera' app to have more control.

Best regards
Michael

This is pure, tranquil and fabulous as a place and shot. For memories, the phone is always sufficient. But this would print even to A4 for sure.

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Complicity after sunset

A few weeks ago, in the Balearic Islands, as the shooting was over for the day, we were sailing back to the port while these two precious models, who never met before, had a cool moment exchanging I've no idea what…
I felt moved by this early and young complicity.

IMG_1481.jpg

As my Pentax(es) were safely packed, I shot with the only camera I had ready, my iPhone.​

Asher Kelman

A few weeks ago, in the Balearic Islands, as the shooting was over for the day, we were sailing back to the port while these two precious models, who never met before, had a cool moment exchanging I've no idea what…
I felt moved by this early and young complicity.

IMG_1481.jpg

As my Pentax(es) were safely packed, I shot with the only camera I had ready, my iPhone.​

The soft light and the slight blur help to confirm the relaxed spontaneity of the moment. It has genuineness and heart in its fabric.

I am pretty sure that Bart van der Wolfe could sharpen the picture substantially by deconvolution. I could to if I understood the process, LOL!

These are wonderful human beings and it is a pleasure to work with genuine folk who have no arrogance! These two could be from the same family!

What's important here is the sanctity of the human nature of openness, trust and bonding that is the glue of civilization. These folk may not achieve fame and fortune, but the elements your picture captures for posterity, form the "spine of hope" for the existential success of our species!

Amazing what a skilled artisan can do with a dumb tool!

This modest image, (grabbed as instinctively as Bresson when he pointed his Leica towards that figure sailing over that puddle), will rank in my eyes above anything Bresson achieved in his lifetime, as you have captured what is below the surface of humanity thatcwill assure our future!

Bresson shows us more of what man does. You have captured more of what the best of man "is"! Jean-Paul, has no doubt, already been informed of this by the arc angels and no doubt both your subjects have been marked for heaven too!

You? They won't let you up there as you have not sinned enough!. The boss's son doesn't want to give up plush "golden Cadillac cloud", just yet to a mere French atheist who has neither robbed, raped or destroyed or even carried a cross!

Asher

Michael Nagel

Charlotte - thanks. Being there was way better than the picture describes. The moment was brief.

Asher - thanks. Sorry, but Königssee means that it is a lake.

Best regards
Michael

Asher Kelman

Asher - thanks. Sorry, but Königssee means that it is a lake.

Michael,

Thanks for allowing me to catch up: Königssee is not a River!

I was totally ignorant of that fine point. Somehow, we didn’t get to geographical descriptions in my high school German and then I had to drop German to specialize in the very difficult and narrow path of math, physics, chemistry, botany and zoology to be able to eventually get into Medical School.

Only now I now discover, “Königssee”, itself a beautiful word, is a fabulously unspoiled lake! Retrospectively, the closest I have been is to Munich, over day away by car!

Asher

Asher Kelman

“Wow!”, Michael, I thought!

“What an amazing focus that smartphone has!”, before I realized it was on the windshield!

Michael Nagel: Insekt Auf Glas

Still, the immediacy allows with a mobile phone is amazingly obvious. Yes, this is fun!

Asher

Asher Kelman

A moth resting on the outside of my dusty window caught my eye.

Asher Kelman: Moth on Glass

Has its own timetable! Amazing that a bird doesn’t gobble it up!

Asher

Asher Kelman

To what extent are the Germans and Swiss cultures and not Mother Nature herself, responsibly for this mountainside beauty.

Are we in the Alps?

Asher