• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Headed Home

Ken Jackson

I arrived home on the day that the Island Championships in Canoe Racing was being held. This is the womens winning entry about 200 yards from the finish line. I love this shot, and only wish that I had a longer lens to really capture the details better..

67483783_CP4UF-L.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Maheanuu,

A longer lens would not have made this shot better, just different. I like the present form. What were the lens details? For this ISO, apertureshutter speed are the most critical.

One can present this another way by showing a series of shots with a wide view and zooming in to see the paddles hit the water and the arm puttings force into this to their faces as they battle to win.

For this a zoom is helpful. Still, as it is, the picture works. Could you share some of the other pictures of the location so we can get a more complete idea of the excitement of the event.

Thanks for sharing,

Asher