• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Santa Anita Park Workout

Gary Ayala

Yes, more ponies ... Entire gallery is here:

http://garyayala.smugmug.com/gallery/1315467_2tkGd#325854063_EtJpP

Gary

62033181_dV8wk-L.jpg

325853658_A22rF-L.jpg

325853787_ounpe-L-1.jpg

325853999_gj6yH-L-1.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

Gary

being involved with Arabian horses for many years I understand the equine mind very well-
I did show and train etc.
Your pictures are very well done concerning the understanding of horse and rider
you must ride yourself to understand the character of both in your photograhy-
I looked at your web site beautiful-beautiful- especially loved # 25 in the series
well done!

Charlotte

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The ability to shoot horses is not easily come by. Unlike racing cars there's also the stride and intent of the horse that varies so much more. The last picture here shows such competition as one horse is trying to fly away and the other is aiming to leap ahead as they race towards us taking that turn.

The panning and shooting is skillful and the blurred b.g. effect provides the impression of of the adrenaline of the race.

Back to the first picture. The bent over left hand rider is trying to get every gm of resistance down to help inch past the other rider. At that point he trusts the horse and they ride as one.

The second and 3rd pictures show a winner or someone trying to catch up. However, we have the same impression of the lone endeavor of rider and steed as one.

Thanks for sharing,

Asher

Gary Ayala

Gary

being involved with Arabian horses for many years I understand the equine mind very well-
I did show and train etc.
Your pictures are very well done concerning the understanding of horse and rider
you must ride yourself to understand the character of both in your photograhy-
I looked at your web site beautiful-beautiful- especially loved # 25 in the series
well done!

Charlotte

Thanks Charlotte. Having grown up in Chino, CA (a dairy and horse town in SoCal) ... I've grown up around horses but never owned one. In the morning I often walk The Cook (my Wheaten Terrier) through horse property. On our first encounter with a horse I explained to her that horses were just big dogs ... and she was okay with that (lol).

Again thanks for the compliments.

Gary

PS- this #25 ...
62032998_vpvd8-M.jpg

G

Gary Ayala

The ability to shoot horses is not easily come by. Unlike racing cars there's also the stride and intent of the horse that varies so much more. The last picture here shows such competition as one horse is trying to fly away and the other is aiming to leap ahead as they race towards us taking that turn.

The panning and shooting is skillful and the blurred b.g. effect provides the impression of of the adrenaline of the race.

Back to the first picture. The bent over left hand rider is trying to get every gm of resistance down to help inch past the other rider. At that point he trusts the horse and they ride as one.

The second and 3rd pictures show a winner or someone trying to catch up. However, we have the same impression of the lone endeavor of rider and steed as one.

Thanks for sharing,

Asher

Thanks Asher ... the intent of this horse was to get a piece of me ...

G

134598260_bMoRU-M.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Gary,

There's a lot of detail around the lips. first the scar by the bit indicate trauma and wounds that cannot be comfortable? Are these accidents that all race horses get during a fast race. Also what's the little cotton bandage/tie for?

It's interesting that the eye of the horse a swept backwards as if it is being chased by a predator. (All game animals/prey have eyes at the side.)

Asher