• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Hurricane Michael, Two Months Later

Chris Calohan

Flicker is being a bit on the whack side...image won't post.

dateposted-public

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well,

Chris,

feelings can still post and we are still shocked at the images we saw and hope and pray for you all. This is when the best of human character shows by helping, sharing and pulling through.

Asher

Chris Calohan

Gone, but not forgotten

45569671054_3b7c577b3a_b_d.jpg

45569678424_afb4813fd2_o_d.jpg

and this is in response to the photo shown above that even in desolatoin, there exists a certain beauty.

45383523695_139c2cdf65_b_d.jpg

Last edited:

Chris Calohan

OMG,

It’s your home, right? I thought that it could be rebuilt? Was it covered by insurance? Will FEMA help?

Asher

It will be rebuilt and pretty close to the original. Only changes will be a standing seam metal roof and hurricane shutters. Insurance company so far has worked with me, not against as has the lovely government. At least he didn't throw rolls of Bounty at us. FEMA is a horrible joke around here and as to the SBA disaster loans, all I can say is you'd best read the fine print because they giveth, then taketh and taketh and keep on taking.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
It will be rebuilt and pretty close to the original. Only changes will be a standing seam metal roof and hurricane shutters. Insurance company so far has worked with me, not against as has the lovely government. At least he didn't throw rolls of Bounty at us. FEMA is a horrible joke around here and as to the SBA disaster loans, all I can say is you'd best read the fine print because they giveth, then taketh and taketh and keep on taking.

Don’t worry so much about “the conditions”. You actually don’t have to pay back for disaster relief. Theoretically, yes, politically no! The government forgives these loans eventually. Do some research on it. I hope it’s still true!

Asher