• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Administrative: Non members posting, but being "moderated"?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have observed folk trying to respond to posts here, but as they are not members of OPF, they obviously fail each time, LOL. I may try allowing such posts but make them all subject to moderating and subsequent membership. After all, if the post is relevant and contributory, it's worthwhile leaving the door a little more "open"!

Opinions welcomed.

Asher

Andy brown

Good idea Asher.
I'm also surprised by how few new members go on to actually contrite anything at, not a single post.
It seems a shame to me that this forum doesn't have more activity.
Quantity is definitely not always quality but more interested posters should only be a good thing.
I have to say that being one of the now very few Southern Hemisphere posters that my logins during daylight hours are very lonely. Fortunately a couple of old insomniacs ( no names, you know who you are) help to alleviate that.
Anyway, definitely worth a try.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

I have observed folk trying to respond to posts here, but as they are not members of OPF, they obviously fail each time, LOL. I may try allowing such posts but make them all subject to moderating and subsequent membership. After all, if the post is relevant and contributory, it's worthwhile leaving the door a little more "open"!

Opinions welcomed.

I think that is a good idea. Of course, it is more work for the "moderator(s)"!

Best regards,

Doug

fahim mohammed

I think that is a good idea.

However it appears that someone who wants to post doesn't realize that one has to be a member to
do that. Strange!

And as Doug mentions, more work for the mods.

But more participation does need to be encouraged.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Set it up, but doesn't work as I'd hoped! Still asks one to login! So, let's allow anyone that registers permission to post and then simply delete and ban anyone that posts garbage! This could be very workable as I can delete and ban in the same stroke!

So,I have opened the gate!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Set it up, but doesn't work as I'd hoped! Still asks one to login! So, let's allow anyone that registers permission to post and then simply delete and ban anyone that posts garbage! This could be very workable as I can delete and ban in the same stroke!

So,I have opened the gate!

Sounds practical.

Best regards,

Doug