• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

studies from the coast

Tracy Lebenzon

NorthOfSeasideNovember-11-Panorama3.jpg

NorthOfSeasideClloudscape_Panorama1.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Tracy,

Two remarkable images.

The first is disciplined and so rich in sienna and gold, both my favorites. :)

The second, although "picture postcard pretty"climbs well above that. It has a special sense of unity and is place we, ourselves, can imagine visiting as opposed to just your own personal memento of a fabulous vacation. When a picture becomes a place to be populated with the viewers ideas, then we transcend the common snap of wonderful times that's meaningful to us and our family and friends. I think you have done that here. The clouds are delightful and complete for the main picture with well-made billowing forms and excellent shading. Still, I minor niggle from me: I'd think of hiding the strong dark portion of the cloud at the very left of the picture as it is even stronger than the rocks and pulls the eyes out of the frame.

Asher

Tracy Lebenzon

Thank you for the kind words, Asher!

A commercial artist I know who grew up in Eastern Washington State (wheat country) made comments similar to yours but applied them to the opposite fotos.

Re the far left cloud in the surf pano, thanks for the observation. The image reduction from ~ 3600 > 350 pixels tall played a role in darkening the appearance of the cloud (and the mtn) but I will ponder your comment all the same.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Following seeing Jerome's bold and impressive image, "Cloud", I searched back to find these images which, although are not architectural, do have strong horizontal landscape elements that are impressive too.

NorthOfSeasideClloudscape_Panorama1.jpg

Tracy,

The investment in making adjacent pictures and a horizontal panorama really pays off here. The inclusion of people makes it especially attractive as we can imagine being there as opposed to looking at a sterile but handsome landscape. Of course, some might want the two figures to walk with the dog at the right, but I'm happy with this picture and it's "live" content.

Asher :)