• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Gear and Gadgets: Questions on choice of the tool for the job and the lke! What your phone might say about you!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I saw this in 9-5mac here

c-section-comics-iphone-vs-android-vs.jpeg

Where do you fit in to this?

Asher :)

Nill Toulme

That's pretty funny. I'm a typical Blackberry user, except I see myself as two places to the right, not one. :-(

Nill

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Carla and I use Motorola L2's.

Great telephones, not at all cameras, multi-media terminals, personal data managers, video players, barcode scanners, GPS receivers, or foxhole shovels..

Best regards,

Doug

One of my goals is to escape this planet without a cell phone...so far, so good.
(Full disclosure: my truck has a hands-free phone.)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
My Motorola would hardly even count for a phone in the various scenarios above.

I make maybe 3-5 calls a month with my cell phone. If there are rollover minutes then it would be some thousands of hours I called speak. I detest texting. I abhor parents dragging a kid on a "walk" while conversing with someone else. Worse when they do that crossing the road!

I find it amazing that folk discuss their private lives in public in a loud voice while waiting for a creamed cup cake, (another unexplained stupidity of fashion). "How dare she come to my house on Christmas eve. With my extended family and kids all staring at her she appears at the door, manic, right in the middle of dinner and screams "You're in and out in 15 minutes, you give me zero attention! What do you think I am, some cheap whore? I'm a person, for gawdsake, a nice girl with feelings"

"Don't I pay for her apartment and credit card? What a bitch!"

No, all the cell phones are a damnation! I want to hear none of this. I want no texting during a concert. Hmm, I wonder if couples text in bed? In movies they used to smoke, LOL, now that's not P.C.

Asher

I make maybe 3-5 calls a month with my cell phone. If there are rollover minutes then it would be some thousands of hours I called speak. I detest texting. I abhor parents dragging a kid on a "walk" while conversing with someone else. Worse when they do that crossing the road!

I find it amazing that folk discuss their private lives in public in a loud voice while waiting for a creamed cup cake, (another unexplained stupidity of fashion). "How dare she come to my house on Christmas eve. With my extended family and kids all staring at her she appears at the door, manic, right in the middle of dinner and screams "You're in and out in 15 minutes, you give me zero attention! What do you think I am, some cheap whore? I'm a person, for gawdsake, a nice girl with feelings"

No, all the cell phones are a damnation! I want to hear none of this. I want no texting during a concert. Hmm, I wonder if couples text in bed? In movies they used to smoke, LOL, now that's not P.C.

Asher
......Amen

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

All well said.

In fact, there was a restaurant in East Dallas (now defunct) that Carla would not visit because of an experience during our first visit in which a diner at a nearby table was engaged in a loud and protracted conversation along the general lines of the the one you postulated above. This was of course not the proprietor's fault (maybe), but it was a property of the venue.

Often in a supermarket a person will come my way invoked in a phone conversation, clearly obvious to her trajectory. Sometimes I will just freeze in my tracks and let her walk into me.

Best regards,

Doug

Nill Toulme

But don't you think it's nice that now when you meet someone coming down the sidewalk talking loudly to himself and gesturing animatedly, you no longer have to assume it's some kind of psycho with whom you must avoid eye contact at all costs? ;-)

Nill

But don't you think it's nice that now when you meet someone coming down the sidewalk talking loudly to himself and gesturing animatedly, you no longer have to assume it's some kind of psycho with whom you must avoid eye contact at all costs? ;-)

Nill
Nill,
They are psychos ;-)

John Angulat

pro member
Actually (at least here in NYC) nuts were nuts. They stood out and you had the opportunity to give them wide berth.
Now you can't tell the crazies from the phone-obsessed!
Today everyone's "hearing voices"...although some may not be from legitimate callers.
Makes for a more delicate path one needs to tread.

Andy brown

I've decided that if ya cairnt beat 'em, join 'em.
I'm going to the supermarket with my iphone (it's awesome!!!, totally awesome, I never thought I'd say it but it is!!!) and I'm gonna bash my trolley into Grannies, schoolgirls, crazies, anyone who gets in my path, I'm gonna speak into that phone like there's no tomorrow, I'll enunciate loudly and protractedly about everything. Everything, my **** job, my screwed up family, my pathetic dog, my penis enlargement...I mean reduction!!, reduction , O.K?, my disdain for blackberries, blueteeth, blonde women, blown out highlights in the bride's dress, black and white scans, Belusconi, Belusconi's wife, blue movies, blue whales, I hate 'em all, blue suede shoes, blue velvet....scrap that, Isobella rocks!, blue verging on purple (think about it!), purple rain, where were we? Yeah , sorry gotta go,the phone's getting excited.