• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

what method to print

I was wondering what the pros and semi pros around use to print to hard copy?

do you take the images to a printing place?
invest in a printer?
if the later what would one look for in a printer? and what brands do you guys and gals use?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Aaron,

After you get pictures printed at a drug store you might very well ask why bother since it's so good. Well printers allow you to use really special papers that enhance the look of pictures for some uses. If you don't alter your colors and you set your camera to autolight blalance, color can be accurate. If you use weird lighting, your colors will be at risk. Still you can set your camera for Tungsten or Fluoresecent lights and your pictures will do fine. You camera provides software for correcting images.

Costco has very low prices and good printers.

Circuit City will be having going out of business sales, so ask. A good start is an 8x10 printer. Epson, Canon or HP are all great. Just get pigment inks for photography and fine art prints, not a printer for office use. The big cost is ink. So check that out. Just look and BHPhotovideo.com or you local stores may have special on sale. I use all three brands. I know the Epson will work out of the box with their paper and inks.

Good luck!

juliaschaefer

I would advise you to pay close attention to the quality of printing. Since I've been working for the BST Group I know how important print inspection is. If you want I can ask a colleague of mine and recommend you a good printer. I'll get back to you tomorrow! :)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I would advise you to pay close attention to the quality of printing. Since I've been working for the BST Group I know how important print inspection is. If you want I can ask a colleague of mine and recommend you a good printer. I'll get back to you tomorrow! :)
I would advise you to write to me as to why you are posting and your intent.

Not only is this rude, it is a disservice to your purpose. We are MFR and business friendly is you ask us! Then when the contact link you inserted is used, it forces us to “accept cookies” or the page is stuck! There’s no way to close your popup message: again so rude!

I certainly am interested in the topic you broach, but why slip it in on a forgotten 2009 thread thats way out of date?

Now you have a substantial Google link in my response

Asher