• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

'nsfw' please label!

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Hi,

Two posts up on the board at the moment with no warning whatsoever that they are NSFW including one by Asher. Guys, people want to be able to browse through the site in work, have children around or have personal views about viewing nudity online. Please, I respect your right to post the pics but label the threads accordingly so that people don't get in trouble or embarressed.

Thank you!

Ben

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well Ben,

I have been to far too many museums perhaps! Thanks for pointing this out! Send me a PM on the other thread that is bothersome in case I don't find it right away.

Asher

P.S. I haven't found any more, so please send me the URL's that need attention! Use the
report.gif
symbol, found on the upper right of all posts, for fast attention!!

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Thanks Asher, it is usual forum etiquette and does save embaressment in the workplace or worse!

Appreciate it,

Ben

p.s. PM'd you the link

fahim mohammed

Do museum images require this NSFW label too? A while back in the Southern States, I saw a picture

of and read about how they had clothed a statue in front of the town hall. They even put a tie on the

poor stone.

Me, I disapprove of statues altogether. But do appreciate the craftsmanship.

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
I think that when one goes into a museum, an art gallery, one knows what one is about to encounter. It's not the same as browsing through a website during work hours and a nude picture pops up just as your boss walks through the door :)

You have to add to that Terry Pratchett's definition of art in nudity. If they are holding an urn or if there is an urn anywhere in the picture then it's art and you're allowed to look all you like :) (you have to be a TP fan to appreciate that one)

Being serious, it's not a matter of taste, beliefs, etc. It's just common forum ettiquette pretty much throughout photo forums. The ability to give the choice whether or not to have unsuspected nudity showing up on the screen. I've got a friend whose boss almost fired him for watching a youtube video during work when he walked past his cubicle entrance once, imagine if he'd hit one of those innocous thread titles and his boss had walked past....

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I think that when one goes into a museum, an art gallery, one knows what one is about to encounter.
my bold!

Ben,

I am not sure you're right. Nudes suddenly appear, everywhere. Worse, it's also in forms that would surprise and shock even Robert Mapplethorpe! I visited the exhibit on Pompeii, and discovered that instead of being taken with the female form, the male was far more venerated. That could be seen in giant sculptures in gardens to protect the home, door knockers and coat racks. I'd venture to say that almost all art exhibits have some nudity. I have never seen a warning or even an indication from a catalog that there were unclothed people. Granted, if one watches through an entire slide show on the web description of the exhibit, then one might indeed see a nude form and so be forewarned. However, that cannot be relied on.

Even in the Vatican art museum, there are male statues which were taken, appropriated, renamed with seemingly heroically religious values and moved from their original places in the Colosseum in Rome. Just moving them changed them from praising the body, to praising the creator, as seen by their new owners!

Still, one can decide whether or not to take one's boss or children along when one visits an art museum. In the home or office, one does need a filter to be considerate and in the case of work, to keep one's job!

So, for the computer, NSFW designation, is a valuable tool which we must learn to use assiduously.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Greetings Fahim my friend. You once again bring joy to my heart:)

I hope that you, Ayesha and all your family are well.

Mike

Asher et al, yes I appreciate NSFW statements where appropriate

Hi Mike. Is it back to Yorkshire then lad?

Regards to the family and yourself.