• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Miss Frauke ... in retro style ...

A little retro glamour ...

frauke_700_color_fixfix.jpg

Thank you. Yes she has a nice retro look. Even more Gone With The Wind I think this is ...

scarlet_900_fix.jpg

So gorgeous. I am curious - do you seek out models with a particular look for a concept that you already have or do you meet models and then create a concept around their look. It's sort of what comes first question, I guess. Sort of trying to see how your thought process works. Tak
Maggie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A little retro glamour ...

frauke_700_color_fixfix.jpg

Per,

I like this retro look! It seems genuine or else the result of adding color to a B&W photograph! Obviously, the lipstick and the hair shine can be readily achieved in make up. but what of the texture of her cheeks, powder or else post processing?

Asher

Asher Kelman said:
Per,

I like this retro look! It seems genuine or else the result of adding color to a B&W photograph! Obviously, the lipstick and the hair shine can be readily achieved in make up. but what of the texture of her cheeks, powder or else post processing?

Asher

I do the skin with manual dodge & burn on almost pixel level. Heres an example of the combined skin fix layers.

frauke_d%26b.jpg

Maggie Terlecki said:
So gorgeous. I am curious - do you seek out models with a particular look for a concept that you already have or do you meet models and then create a concept around their look. It's sort of what comes first question, I guess. Sort of trying to see how your thought process works. Tak
Maggie

For me its both ways. When I "invented" my Joseph P Lutz character to make Hollywood style images, I only looked for models that had some resemblance to my view on Hollywood images. And Fraulein Frauke, as her stage name is, she is a treasure for that kind of looks, and she is a burlesque performer, setting up big shows here i Sweden.

And the looks of some models, can give me ideas on how to portray them or some strange concepts pops up. That can happen in the post work too. And that can be an adventure as you dont know from the beginning where the image will end. And some ideas appears during the shoot.

This image for instance was just a pose I asked for, and then I added a autumn background, and also some leaves in the air. And when it was done I thought it could be fun to make a puzzle out of it so I started a 3d software ( Cheetah 3d , cheap but great value ) and this was rhe result. It was not my intention from start, so that kind of thing is fun. Every image can be an adventure.

pussel_lorena_800.jpg

Thanks for letting me pick your brain. Normally, many images by photographers, such as street photography, is a matter of keeping your eyes open and having patience. What you do is a different beast and it is cool to follow your thought process. :)
Maggie

Charlotte Thompson

I love anything Vintage. The first photo reminds me of Liz Taylor. Striking work. The second which I watch on occasion are Ted Turner classic movies… second shot definitely a film noir classic. The black and white work is just like the old B and W settings. Cool stuff-

Charlotte-