• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Claimed Landscape - Palma, Spain '16

Paul Abbott

Postcard from Palma...

derelictwall_mural_1_of_1_1024.jpg

A Claimed Landscape - Palma, Spain '16 - Paul Abbott

Michael Nagel

Interesting composition - it works.

Is there a larger view? The restriction works well, but I think that the larger view could be interesting as well.

Best regards,
Michael

Paul Abbott

No worries, Maggie...
As sure as eggs are eggs, this has not been photo-shopped. I don't and can't do anything like that, I don't have the required processing suites anyway. Also, I am a purist and disdainful of doing things like that. This is the wall, as seen and shot.

No worries, Maggie...
As sure as eggs are eggs, this has not been photo-shopped. I don't and can't do anything like that, I don't have the required processing suites anyway. Also, I am a purist and disdainful of doing things like that. This is the wall, as seen and shot.

I didn't think you would Paul. It is the upper right hand of the poster with the two children that really pulled me out of this scene and the bit of haloing at the top of the poster. That feels so wrong with the light and shadows of the cracks on the wall... like it's doesn't feel right or at least to my brain.. lol... but I guess sometimes even real things can trick the eye. Glad you were not offended, as it was not my intention! :) Maggie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This reminds me of the American election candidates. If it were just a "documentary" the critics would say it was all made up "as real folk just wouldn't do those stupid things"!

But truth is indeed stranger than fiction! So Maggie, I am used to Paul, and I believe what I see, no matter how it hits my brain!

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Postcard from Palma...

derelictwall_mural_1_of_1_1024.jpg

A Claimed Landscape - Palma, Spain '16 - Paul Abbott
Paul,

It is to me quite amazing that the stunning prints should even be there. It's a composition I wish I could have dreamed of and constructed from other found pictures on my hard drives. But I never thought of this and would be stunned to see it and want to find out the circumstances that led to these posters being made and affixed here in some outdoor exhibition of some unknown but accomplished artist!

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

Paul Abbott

Michael, this was taken in a narrow alley and I remember it not really offering much more of an ideal really...Just a lesson in perspective I guess. Thanks...

Hey Maggie, I think weird things like this occur from time to time. I think it follows along the same lines as an optical illusion maybe? I don't know...but what Asher stated in 'truth being stranger than fiction', I certainly agree on.
In the past I had taken a photograph of a scene with a tree in Brick Lane, London back in '09 and the tree looked like it had cast no shadow of it's lower trunk, only of it's upper half, it was weird. I just couldn't explain it, it looked like I had cloned it out.

Asher, it is interesting in how certain artists choose to utilise the urban landscape for the display of their murals and artwork.