• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Simple? Not really.

fahim mohammed

p484377853-5.jpg

I went back the way I came.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
p816424062-5.jpg

Nice image. Invites the eye to explore it. A little dodging of the face image might be good.

Fahim,

Allow me to divert from straightforward beauty of your photograph to it's impact beyond what is actually there and obvious. Of course, I mean it's deeper significance! I ask forgiveness in advance for the trespass to severe seriousness again!

........Isn't a shadow interesting as, on reflection, (no physics of light pun intended), we need, from time to time, to take stock the fact of religion and its role in society. Sometimes it does cast a shadow over us with dire consequences.

Think of the ill-conceived crusades that pillaged and raped, burnt and destroyed whole communities of Jews and Muslims in every village, town and city in their path! Think of the wars between Prorestants and Catholics, (admittedly with nationalistic & tribal banners too), that destroyed myriads of peaceful families.

........and today we have others doing the same, claiming righteousness as they slaughter and destroy, devouring the landscape of communities, all, once again in the name of "the true faith"!

So that shadow is an important reminder of the evil that can lurk behind even the most noble and refined beauty of the good and the faithful.

That's it, I have said my piece........but then you knew it all, before I wrote one word! Why do I do such things then. It's simple and so complex and summed up in just a single word:

Aleppo!

Asher