• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Planet: Holiday Greetings.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I want to wish everyone a joyous holiday season, albeit with a jumbled set of Lunar, Julian and Gregorian calendars!

For the Muslims faithful celebrating the birth of the Prophet, milad-un-nabi, (December 12th Sunni and the 17th Shia), Jews celebrating Channukah, December 24th at sundown and Christians, (Catholics, Protestants, Lutherans et al, December 25th and the North American "Orthodox" branches on January 2017, I wish you joy, love, peace and fulfillment of your hopes and dreams.

All our photographs show we cherish diversity and love our fellow man. I know this is true. But history goes on without us!

Let's hope that all our good intentions
translate to a truly peaceful coming year.

Bless you all!

Asher

Last edited:

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

I want to wish everyone a joyous holiday season, albeit with a jumbled set of Lunar, Julian and Gregorian calendars!

For the Muslims faithful celebrating the birth of the Prophet, milad-un-nabi, (December 12th Sunni and the 17th Shia), Jews celebrating Channukah, December 24th at sundown and Christians, (Catholics, Protestants, Lutherans et al, December 25th [and, in some cases, onward -dak] and the North American "Orthodox" branches on January 2017, I wish you joy, love, peace and fulfillment of your hopes and dreams.

All our photographs show we cherish diversity and love our fellow man. I know this is true. But history goes on without us!

Let's hope that all our good intentions
translate to a truly peaceful coming year.

Bless you all!

Thank you so much.

Let me pile on and wish the Christians out there a Merry Christmas (the religious holiday), everyone out there a Merry Christmas (the secular holiday), and to all the best wishes for the many holidays of this season.

And to borrow from the cant of several religions a phrase of universal applicability, may there be peace on earth and good will to men (that being a genderless term for humankind).

Best regards,

Doug and Carla

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul Abbott

Here's some card for ya'...'appy crimbo, and don't let me hear any of you lot moan, it's Christmas! Let's 'ave it!

happycristmascard_1_of_1_1024.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Here's some card for ya'...'appy crimbo, and don't let me hear any of you lot moan, it's Christmas! Let's 'ave it!

happycristmascard_1_of_1_1024.jpg

Flattened empty cardboard boxes that once held gifts.

An evocative but disarmingly simple picture, Paul. It transcends the nonsense it really might be.......

It's very cold now, even in Southern California. The homeless huddle in doorways. The most organized have tarps draped over their tents to protect against bursts of driving rain. A piece of cardboard, which normally cushions against the cold concrete, is now boggy and wet with rain.

But that's here, so in general there are no bullets most of the time.....but there is freedom.

...there is. One has no burden of daily work, which, in some ways, is tantamount to voluntary servitude.

We're reminded of the words of Bob Dylan, "Freedom" is the word for nothing else to lose...."

But, such poverty can mean both stoic independence as well as evident suffering!

We see both at this testy time of the year!

Asher

Last edited: