• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Olympus 5 Mark II + Oly 40-150 f/2.8

Antonio Correia

Amazing lens. I love it.

i-DDdLLZX-XL.jpg

i-g4QBt5f-XL.jpg

i-V5cqddf-XL.jpg

i-9cTVBXp-XL.jpg

Antonio Correia

I was not very far. In the last one for example I was some 10 meters away.
You have been there with us.
In the photograph bellow you can even see what he is looking at in the screen of his phone. I was 25-30 meters way.
The lens is a bit heavy. The combo is 2,5 kilograms. Nothing compared to the 5D with the 70-200 lens !...
Sometimes, I would use a tripod or a monopod for more shooting comfort.

i-82MSZWp-X2.jpg

Antonio Correia

Asher, I think it is a matter of learning.
Olympus cameras have complex menus, su-menus, sub-sub-menus and so forth. One setting makes another one to stop working.
The net is so complex that the learning curve can be difficult.
However, I like these menus.
I have followed Youtube videos which were of great help.
Another great help comes from the fact that one can store the settings on the computer.
This allows to experiment, to mess everything and then... make a reset to the stored settings which were before used with success.

I am used to the Panasonic menus which are more simple. At least they were so in the GX7 being another "level" of camera. But the degree of customisation was not so sophisticated as Olympus'.

Here Luisa and myself, last Sunday.
i-xzJS3xw-XL.jpg

James Lemon

Wonderful images! My wife has the same camera but she has the Zuiko 12-40 mm F/2.8 attached.

She takes many flower pictures too. The menu is complex but I just set her up in the professional mode.

James

Antonio Correia

Wonderful images! My wife has the same camera but she has the Zuiko 12-40 mm F/2.8 attached.... James

Yes, the 12-40 is also a nice lens ! :)
Luisa - my wife - uses now the Panny GX7 with this lens and she is loving it.
I also use it in occasions... But she loves - really loves - the 7-14 !
:)