• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Michael A. Smith and Paula Chamlee Workshops

Michael A. Smith and Paula Chamlee announce their Vision and Technique workshops for 2012.

May 18-20 at their studio in Bucks County, Pennsylvania

June 22-24 in Paris, France

Full details are here: http://www.michaelandpaula.com/mp/Vision_and_Technique_Workshop.html

Here are a few unsolicited comments by former participants:

“Just a note of thanks to you both for having me at your wonderful workshop. There are events that occur in one's life that you consider a milestone for growth for who you are or become. I can honestly say that your workshop is one of my milestone events. You have renewed my photographic vision. You have reaffirmed my love of photography.”

“I have been a commercial photographer since I was 17, I went to collage, assisted the top photographers in London, worked on global international advertising accounts for the last twenty five years, and last year I went back to collage to do my Masters, not once in all that time have I ever had such an interesting and informative photographic experience.”
“You guys changed me, my photography and how I view what I do more than any other single event in my lifetime! I am serious :)

“I truly enjoyed your workshop. The experience expanded my perspective and I have not felt this level of excitement since I started in photography. The best workshop of the dozen that I have attended.”
“I must say that your seminar was the best investment I have made since I bought my first shares of GE a long time ago. Not a day goes by that I do not put to use some of the vast knowledge base I learned.”
“Just wanted to drop you a note to thank you both for a wonderful weekend. I feel privileged to have been part of your workshop. I learned more in those three days than I have in all my previous workshops. No further workshops are needed.”

“Thank you for a wonderful workshop, I am still reeling over how much information and advice you gave all of us. I was very impressed with how both of you were able to balance working with all of us as individuals as well as a group. A very rare gift.”

“Just a quick note to thank the two of you for a wonderful workshop this weekend. I cannot begin to express what an eye-opening experience it was working with you, both in the field and in the darkroom. I have been photographing a long time and I have never come across anyone who uses the camera the way you do to truly explore the world as a visual experience and turn that experience into a print that becomes something more than what was seen. This was truly revolutionary for me.”

“I want to thank all of you for making the workshop such an unforgettable experience. I'll likely never look at a photograph or my ground glass the same way again. I couldn't be more excited!”
“I used to feel that I mostly took OK images, and every once in a while I would have a real gem. I took the workshop last year and the only drawback is that I now have too many good negatives and not enough time to print them all.”
“The Vision and Technique workshops are amazing. Anyone who has not taken it, sign up now! I am an art/philosophy student at the university of Arizona, and that workshop was simultaneously the best and worst decision I ever made.

“Best: You learn an incredible amount. Michael is an amazing teacher. The techniques he and Paula have developed make the process of making beautiful photographs simple, second nature like. Plus, they are amicable, down to earth, and give honest feedback.

“Worst: I now feel the University is a waste of time and money! paying nearly $1200 (which is time and half the cost of Vision and Technique) for brutish 18 week stomp to cover a topic Michael can teach more eloquently, and thoroughly, in about 12 minutes! As you can see when I say worst I mean that as a compliment to Michael and Paula.

Take the workshop! It is amazing!”
“I want to thank you both for your guidance and inspiration. It really has had a major positive impact as far as my photography goes. You are really good at this teaching stuff, Michael. Really good. You understand and connect with the creative process at a core level and along with Paula are able to pass it along to others without a bunch of rules and “should.” And if we can then connect (or reconnect) with that core (universal rhythms, visual relationships, inner resonance-whatever), we are free. Free to discover and see things in our own unique way. As long as vision/seeing stays in the driver's seat. That is some insight to be able to give to others. If anyone else out there is able to do the same, they are awfully quiet about it.”
“I’d just like to again commend you both on a wonderful weekend. You both certainly love what you are doing and it shows. Your attention to detail in your photography is quite evident; it continues into the organization and preparation of the workshop itself. My thought process under the dark cloth is forever changed thanks to your observations and comments.”