• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Testing the Waters

Chris Calohan

I was out at the beach last night up on the pier and on both sides of me there were the last vestiges of weddings having been performed and the last shots being made. This little girl, I am sure was told by her momma, "don't you dare get that dress wet," which of course prompted her to test those waters.

Here are three different poses, all in color and B&W. I apologize for the larger verticals but do not have the time right now to resize to 800 high. I may thake the one Horizontal and redo as a vertical for a possible tryptich. Opinions, likes, dislikes...?

17591298888_d13bfedd4e_b_d.jpg

17591556080_d6c7a90b46_b_d.jpg

17591297778_c1d1459897_b_d.jpg

17752784646_126f753501_b_d.jpg

17591558560_261a46b95e_b_d.jpg

17779078005_649a1c2426_b_d.jpg

Testing the Waters: Chris Calohan​

Robert Watcher

The colour versions really appeal to me. The last one in black and white is nice. Possibly because of the additional textures and tonality from the waves that are filling the frame.

Sam Hames

I was out at the beach last night up on the pier and on both sides of me there were the last vestiges of weddings having been performed and the last shots being made. This little girl, I am sure was told by her momma, "don't you dare get that dress wet," which of course prompted her to test those waters.

Here are three different poses, all in color and B&W. I apologize for the larger verticals but do not have the time right now to resize to 800 high. I may thake the one Horizontal and redo as a vertical for a possible tryptich. Opinions, likes, dislikes...?

I agree with Robert - I really like this one. You get a whole dramatic story in a single frame, with a nice contrast between the little girl, the waves and the sand. Not to mention that expression on here face.

(Reminds me of my nieces too!)

Sam

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Chris,

BINGO! You have reached Nirvanah with this little brave girl! No color is needed as everything is clearly drawn in her posture and expression. Her entire being body is invested in this test! You have magnificent textures to boot!

This is excellent! Henri Cartier-Bresson, would, I believe, agree that this is the decisive moment!

It now must rank #1 in a new portfolio. Work out how you're going to get more such natural episodes, which transcend individual mementos of an event and grab us in the gut and never let go!

I cannot say enough of this work, except that it needs siblings!

Asher