• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

You're never alone

Jarmo Juntunen

...with PokemonGo. (sigh)

Oct 18, 2016, Rovaniemi

_img1280.jpg

...with PokemonGo. (sigh)

Oct 18, 2016, Rovaniemi

_img1280.jpg

How times have changed, Jarmo. The phrase of your title "You're Never Alone..." is the same as from the 1959 advert for Strand cigarettes. The advertising campaign was huge and the advert became hugely popular. It made a celebrity of the actor that portrayed the smoker; the accompanying music reached the Top 40 of the British singles Hit Parade. It didn't help sell Strand cigarettes, though, with the brand withdrawn a year later. Cheers, Mike

Robert Watcher

Cute shot. I'm not sure that all of the empty space above, benefits the image - but you will have your reason for including it. Nice story.

-----

Jarmo Juntunen

Hi guys, thank you all for your comments!

Asher, I got really lucky with the bg here. Pauli, my son, got tired of keeping up with her younger sister (with whom you're already very familiar, I'm sure) and desided to take a short break near the playground.

Paul, I have the same feeling often. Not knowing if I should laugh or cry. He seems sometimes obsessed with computer games but the good thing with PG is it makes him go outside.

Mike, that's an interesting story. Appreciate you sharing it with us.

Paul Abbott

Paul, I have the same feeling often. Not knowing if I should laugh or cry. He seems sometimes obsessed with computer games but the good thing with PG is it makes him go outside.

Oh my, tell me about it, Jarmo. My one is obsessed with computer games also. What to do, what to do...

How times have changed, Jarmo. The phrase of your title "You're Never Alone..." is the same as from the 1959 advert for Strand cigarettes. The advertising campaign was huge and the advert became hugely popular. It made a celebrity of the actor that portrayed the smoker; the accompanying music reached the Top 40 of the British singles Hit Parade. It didn't help sell Strand cigarettes, though, with the brand withdrawn a year later. Cheers, Mike

Jarmo, I meant to insert a link to the Strand cigarette advert. Even after all these years, I think it's brilliant artistically although an advertising failure because of a mixed message. Here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjBHUQEiTPw for you to view and enjoy. Cheers, Mike

Michael Nagel

Hi Jarmo,

Interesting composition, I like the approach.

There is an upside to Pokemon go - it incites people better to move around than any fitness wearable.
Another aspect of Gamification...

Best regards,
Michael

Jarmo Juntunen

Hi Jarmo,

Interesting composition, I like the approach.

There is an upside to Pokemon go - it incites people better to move around than any fitness wearable.
Another aspect of Gamification...

Best regards,
Michael

Thank you, Michael! About Pokémon, I partly agree. Still, I'd like to see him leave the house at least sometimes not staring at his phone...

Michael Nagel

Thank you, Michael! About Pokémon, I partly agree. Still, I'd like to see him leave the house at least sometimes not staring at his phone...
There is no need to stare on the screen all the time. Switch on vibration mode if there is a Pokémon nearby, let the screen on for up to 10 min. for counting the steps and you only have to look on the screen when it vibrates (yes, I know how to play this game).

Try to talk him into that different way to play it - maybe it works.

Best regards,
Michael