• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Alternative Process: Does anyone do this sort of thing anymore?

original.jpg

Stephi
Pentax Spotmatic,105mm Takumar
Kodak Tri-X Pan, HC110
©1972 Winston Mitchell​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
But they should! This is wonderful. However, it does require talent, and badly done it's a risky proposition.

With careful selection of the images, each one being a trademark moment of the child. It's a much better way of showing personality that to wade though a lot of old albums. The challenge is to make it light and fun and you've brought us the moments that are remembered, the little grimaces and gestures that make little Joe, "Joe!".

Asher

So confused in Boise.

Hi Winston,

Why confused? Do you want to talk about it? ;-)

I can't answer you original question because it's not my field of expertise, but I do like the multiple aspects view. It would probably work best if the subject was shot against a uniform background, and it would also be easier to blend.

Cheers,
Bart

Charlotte Thompson

Winston

this seems so antique
and I do love it-
many mothers would
it is not today

but it has such an angelic quality that can't be denied
I adore antiques in any form
maybe this could come back
maybe not- "angel in a long dream"

Charlotte-

Hi Winston,

Why confused? Do you want to talk about it? ;-)

I can't answer you original question because it's not my field of expertise, but I do like the multiple aspects view. It would probably work best if the subject was shot against a uniform background, and it would also be easier to blend.

Cheers,
Bart

Fahim said it was a total failure...no reason given; and, Mike's post is completely confusing.

A do-over isn't likely...see the copyright date.

Mike Shimwell

Hi Winston

I don't think that was Fahim's intent, though I could be wrong I suppose.

My comment was that I too did not understand his expression, but like the print.

Don't be confused:)

Mike

fahim mohammed

Good Lord, No!

I ' fanned ' the post by Asher. Meaning that I agreed what Asher said Re: we should see more of such
photos.

I could have said ' ++1 ' to what Asher said.

Re: Mike is to nice a gentleman to be taken wrongly.

Regards.

p.s no more english from me!

Fahim said it was a total failure...no reason given; and, Mike's post is completely confusing.

A do-over isn't likely...see the copyright date.

I hope you made it with an enlarger and silver paper now...
Mike
It's an 11×14 print made with a Beseler 23C

It looks so soft because, for posting here, I photographed it in the frame through the frames non-glare glass.

Winston

this seems so antique
and I do love it-
many mothers would
it is not today

but it has such an angelic quality that can't be denied
I adore antiques in any form
maybe this could come back
maybe not- "angel in a long dream"
Charlotte-
Thank you Charlotte. This really was meant for you.

Fahim,

I'm so sorry I misunderstood you. Your english is fine.

Asher Kelman

original.jpg

Stephi
Kodak Tri-X Pan, HC110
©1972 Winston Mitchell​

I think we need to look back and rediscover mostly forgotten but well proven techniques that have major advantages.

Here, in one single picture, one can present so many different aspects of someone we love .........or think of it, someone we want to assemble evidence against!

Imagine a seizes of pictures of Michael Jackson or Donald Trump over the years.....or Bertrand Russel or Hitler.

Yes, I think we should dig deep and reuse what the earliest photographers dis so well with far simpler tools.

The other fabulous insight from this one picture is the annotation of the camera and lenses used. I still have my Pentax Spotmatic and it works. Not only that I have been collecting these fine super Takamur vintage lenses. They are brilliantly sharp, one can practically shoot into the sun without flare and can be adapted to acanon and Sony cameras with ease!

Asher

Asher Kelman

original.jpg

Stephi
Kodak Tri-X Pan, HC110
©1972 Winston Mitchell​

I have admired this for some time. I am thinking of making a picture with a visual story and a series of pictures from right to left. Has anyone composite pictures like that?

Asher