• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

What Maggie has been up to!

I have not been around since this spring but I have all this time continued to do photography. Here I'm sharing some of the images that I've done that I don't think have ever been shared here. I know we are not supposed to post more than 5, but I have many that I wanted to share and further shares will be in new posts.

Of course, anyone that knows me, knows that I often take photos of flowers. Here a peony from my garden.

Peony

peony.jpg

Again from my garden, some blue irises that bloom around the 24th of June every year.

Siberian Irises in a blue bottle

siberianirirsinbluebottle.jpg

Forget-me-nots and Feathers

featherforgetmenot.jpg

I also have a cat, Chiana, who enjoys getting in a shoot. She's not interested in me shooting her, but I get a shot here and there when she's interrupting! I like this one:

Catnap

catnap.jpg

I sometimes get an idea of something that reminds me of the human condition and how to show something without actually putting any humans in the shot as in the following:

Unrequited

unrequited.jpg

Once summer arrived, I found this wonderful little leaf that had hung on from last fall and I thought it was adorable!

Remnant

remnant.jpg

As summer progresses, dandelions are inevitable and not very useful except that do make pretty photos!

Close Your Eyes and Make a Wish

closeyoureyesmakeawish.jpg

When I was a young kid, I would play marbles with my brothers. We called them alleys. A bit of nostalgia!

Swirl

swirl.jpg

The night before the solar eclipse, our sun set was glorious, the sun as red as could be!

Blood Red Setting

bloodredsunsetting.jpg

This summer was one that was very wet and rainy and mostly cold. With climate change, warm air moves up north and the cold air moves down over Quebec. We had a pretty crap summer, but now that September is here, it's like we are getting a second chance.. the weather is gorgeous. Here, a simple walk in the woods... takes me a few minutes to get to this:

September Walk

septemberwalk.jpg

Hey,

I would just say Stunning. The shots are so beautifully captured along with perfect color combinations, composition and other. Great work!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks, Maggie, for bringing back gentle blues and cyan, as only you can! I have missed the calming breeze from your gentle approach to photography.

Asher