• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Street photography… my turn ; )

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Sitll some good experiences with the Ricoh GR!

here is a backlit shot, when I saw the scene, I just asked him not to move and got the GR out of my pocket…
Of course I could have largely opened up the shadows in LR, there are plenty details there, but they are not interesting and I like the centered focus of light…

_N001060.jpg

And here is the Saint-André Cathedral in Bordeaux.

_N001043.jpg

Detail (crop at 100%):

_N001043-2.jpg

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

And here is the Saint-André Cathedral in Bordeaux.

_N001043.jpg

Detail (crop at 100%):

_N001043-2.jpg

Nicolas,

This is fabulous and impressive! Amazing to me that you chose to use ISO 200 and 1 sec exposure. Was this resting on a wall or handheld? I have taken 1 sec pics handheld with the Ricoh GR and gotten good results too.

Asher

nicolas claris

Hi Asher
When I can I always prefer to use low ISO…
The camera was resting n a pole but largely on the side of the cathedral.
There is a lot of perspective correction done in LR.

thanks for looking!

Cem_Usakligil

Bonjour Nicolas,

I'm sorry for the late reaction. But I've liked these a lot, especially the portrait of Romain. You did well by not opening the shadows indeed. And the cathedral details are excellent.

Paul Abbott

Hey Nicolas, I love how the GR has rendered the flare in your 'street' photograph. The light looks like it's reflected, if so that is some reflection indeed...:)

nicolas claris

Hi Paul
The GR (as do the 645 D ; ) does very well backlit.
In the case of the first pic here, this is not a reflection but direct light from Sun : D

nicolas claris

What you see above the light is a drugstore sign...
Maybe that together with the trees on the right and the building on the left the sign did act as a diaphragm ?