• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: A doorway of stairs!

Shot yesterday, post-processed today.

doorwaystairs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Mike. The title made me think of Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven, which in turn made me anticipate that the stairs, not the doorway, would be the main feature. Therefore the emphasis in the image was a surprise. It takes a special photo to give rise to surprise. Thanks, Mike.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you Mike, glad you liked it!

Alas, the stairs only led to some Italian style college dorm apartments...

Mike, that is not "only" college dorm apartments, LOL! Isn't that a main element of the life of the student away from home, this development of new friends, learning to put up with other folks habits and dirty laundry and oddities....and girlfriends.

The pink gives it a nice blush. Any pictures of people?

Asher

Ashton, I thought it was going to lead to some grand patio or balcony but was only a mini porch with doorways to the little living quarters.

dormdoor.jpg

Nobody was around except a cleaning woman (winter break). However, elsewhere on campus (Claremont Colleges) people were enjoying the day on the Marston Quad. I took this as a quick DSLR grab shot so as not to alarm the dog walkers, and threw on some artsy in post. I like the way the people balance each other out.

Satellite view shows the location, looking south toward Little Bridges auditorium from Stover Walk.

PS: People often sit on this lawn but yuck (dog pee...).

dogwalk.jpg

quad.jpg