• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Lightroom Speed tip

Harvey Moore

Per the following image, in Lightroom for Windows go to Edit -> Preferences and uncheck the "Build Previews in Background" box. Made a noticable performance increase in edits on my install.

194912064_2ed768fe6a_o.jpg

I am beginning to get the hang of LR, and I like it.

While I am linking, here is an image I processed in LR, made into "Cyanotype" and did some color edits, cropped, saved, reopened in CS2 for resizing w/bicubic sharper, upload to image host. Total time about 6 minutes.

194912065_b73907646e_o.jpg

enjoy

Harvey Moore

Hi Asher

I have put in about 2-3 hours actual computer time and another couple of hours web video time.

Adobe vids: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom/ in the lower part of the page.

If you have a NAPP membership, this: http://www.photoshopuser.com/lightroom/index.html page has some excellent videos on it.

I like the flow of edits in LR, between the basic "develope" and the "Tone Curve" adjustments a lot more can be done than ACR alone, and all changes are non-destructive. After LR, the export function will make a tiff, jpg, dng etc for use in other programs.

The file management section isn't quite ready for prime time, but it is close. I have not spent a lot of time there.

I have so far used ACR-CS2 as my image flow, sometimes DPP from Canon. I have tried the C1, Bibble, and RSE trials/free programs, and LR to me fits my amateur low volume file requirements well.

Will report more after more extensive work in LR