• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Movement

Chris Calohan

14919615791_703a177432_b_d.jpg

On the Move: Chris Calohan​

Chris Calohan

This is just that very short millisecond between the time our brain becomes aware of the awakened state and deep sleep.

As to TV dramas, I have never once placed my eyes upon one of those shows. Zombies and werewolves and everything inbetween......just silly fodder for minds incapable of entertaining themselves. I bless my mother everyday for introducing me to books when I was so much younger than most others....and for sending me outside to play.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is just that very short millisecond between the time our brain becomes aware of the awakened state and deep sleep.

As to TV dramas, I have never once placed my eyes upon one of those shows. Zombies and werewolves and everything inbetween......just silly fodder for minds incapable of entertaining themselves. I bless my mother everyday for introducing me to books when I was so much younger than most others....and for sending me outside to play.

Chris,

Sometimes, I'm so enthralled by the compositions and beauty of movies on TV that i'll rush for my camera to store a "sample" for me to study. Other programs, like the Catholic Police Family in "Blue Blood", (Like The voyages of the Starship Enterprise), are really modern versions of http://www.elizabethan-era.org.uk/elizabethan-acting-troupes.htmElizabethan actors groups[/url] that travelled from town to village, playing for a week or day or two on the village green or by the Church.

I was brought up on the Bible, Psalms, Maimonides, Dickens, Poetry of Owens T.S. Elliott and Shakespeare. My mother knew most of the plays of the latter fellow by memory. Yet I'm very impressed by some of the TV drama series. The level of writing is sometimes extraordinarily high. Superb and deep characterizations, heady affections, Machiavellian manipulations and insights into human emotions that are truly outstanding and worth of respect.

Extant is a good modern example. It explores science, yes, but also feelings - and Hally Berry's acting extends far beyond her beauty.

I think it's worth re-looking at some of these TV drama's as works of art. BTW, if I believe a movie has Zombies or Drunks, I switch the channel.

I'm open to these works as rich creative products of writers, film makers and brilliant actors. I'm awfully selective and eschew "Zombies" and the "Walking dead", LOL!

Asher

Chris Calohan

I didn't mean I didn't watch any TV dramas, I only as you, eschew anything with zombies or walking dead folks. Several years ago, Hallmark ran a series of Robert Parker's Jesse Stone books that were marvelously composed, written, shot and developed. I did watch Blue Bloods for awhile, which like the old series, Hill Street Blues, had meat to the settings and characters. So much of the new stuff is just tripe and I'd far rather go out shooting somewhere.

Thank you for enjoying the shot and I hope you can see the same in its follow-up, The Downward Spiral which was a melancholy shot I made last night as I though of my late brother's favorite saying about our time on this earth..."you know," he'd say, "in the end, we're just all circling the drain."

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Thank you for enjoying the shot and I hope you can see the same in its follow-up, The Downward Spiral which was a melancholy shot I made last night as I though of my late brother's favorite saying about our time on this earth..."you know," he'd say, "in the end, we're just all circling the drain."

I'd rather think of the journey being on a river with time to tie up and pick fruit or explore a park or mountainside and then continue the journey and fkoat with the leaves downriver.

............and yes, then we all go over the waterfall.

This metaphor, at least allows girls to put aside their clothes and pose, enjoying the time we have and not wasting a chance to explore art and drink nectar!

Asher