• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Photo

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I have just spent 10 minutes searching the titles to find a place to start this thread. How I hate titles for photos. The only reason I put one here is to enable me to post.

image by tom.dinning1, on Flickr​

The other thing I hate is the bloody centering thing. And the 're' and 'our' corrections.
I need another coffee.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Names are just poetic ways of removing 99.99990999907 of everything else in the universe, besides this current representation you are sharing with us.

A mother nursing or a fellow being shot before a firing squad are generally self-explanatory, but for everything else, a title is a generous guide what it's about.

Asher

Paul Abbott

Tom, with respect i'm hard pressed to find any interest in this scene, other than it being a shot of a family on a beach. It doesn't really say anything more than that. If there is a message, i'm not getting it.
Also, I'm not sure about the 'portrait' aspect of this scene especially with the flat-ish horizon line and the featureless sky.

What were your thoughts on what you saw and photographed here?

Regards...

I quite like it the way it is. Who knows what drained out with the tide.

It does appear to be a photo. The title makes me wonder whether there might be some other explanation.