Open Photography Forums  
HOME FORUMS NEWS FAQ SEARCH

Go Back   Open Photography Forums > OPF Welcome Hall > Entry Digital Photography

Entry Digital Photography Entry to a digital world can be eased. Try us!

Old July 4th, 2012, 06:59 AM

Default Local Park just before dawn.

Something for all to enjoy, I hope ...

-Adrian
Old July 4th, 2012, 08:14 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Wareham View Post
Something for all to enjoy, I hope ...

-Adrian
Adrain,

Good morning! Happy 4th to you!

This picture is important for the following reasons. It represents the cold truth. It shows the beginning before the day has opened up. Someone with lesser vision might have put the picture through expert processing and brought out the detail of the leaves in the tree. That would result in a great picture, but likely would lose the expectancy this has.

Everything is read in the bottom third of the picture. So what do we get from the rest of the sky. I'm thinking about that. any ideas?

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old September 4th, 2012, 03:53 PM

bump for an answer!

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.
Old September 17th, 2012, 12:16 PM

I'm not entirely clear on the question? I might be thinking a little too analytically right now, so forgive me.
Old September 17th, 2012, 06:23 PM

Quote:
I'm not entirely clear on the question? I might be thinking a little too analytically right now, so forgive me.

Hi Adrian,

Your picture has practically everything in the lower part. I'm wondering whether the upper part really is needed to make the image work fully.

Asher

Old September 17th, 2012, 07:12 PM

It probably doesn't, but I'm waiting for winter to snap it again when the sky is very clear, and filled with stars. This was a practice shot for improving a previous photo.
Old September 17th, 2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
It probably doesn't, but I'm waiting for winter to snap it again when the sky is very clear, and filled with stars. This was a practice shot for improving a previous photo.
Makes sense, I'm always trying out things to plan for a better image of something I have in mind.

Asher