• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Administrative: Site was down for at least 15 minutes. Report any downtime here!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We were up again at about 12:30 pm Pacific Standard time. Hope you didn't get to frustrated. we have a premium RackSpaceCloud account. This was a system wide failure and nothing to do with OPF. I can always migrate to another service if this problem is repetitive. I would consider Amazon Cloud Services, but not yet. Please report to me in this thread any outage times you experience!

Thanks for your loyalty and patience.

Asher and OPF team!

Asher Kelman

I just wanted to alert members and disclose that we know there was a transient incident of downtime. We've already paid for a lot of space and bandwidth so I wouldn't want to change unless it's really necessary. I believe we're in good shape, but in the interests of transparency, I just wanted to open up communication on this.

Thanks for your steadfast support, Nicolas!

Asher

In fact, Asher, I know for a fact that your site can go down with Amazon cloud also. The website that I used to help admin, and that I'm still a member of, has gone down at least 3 times in the last three years and they are on Amazon's cloud.

Asher Kelman

In fact, Asher, I know for a fact that your site can go down with Amazon cloud also. The website that I used to help admin, and that I'm still a member of, has gone down at least 3 times in the last three years and they are on Amazon's cloud.

Maggie,

but I know for a fact that it has billions of $$$$$$$ to build a safeguarded structure better than almost anyone else. How do I know that? Well the US Space agency uses them and so does NASDAQ and also ........ I can't disclose or I'd have to kill you all!

Asher

Maggie,

but I know for a fact that it has billions of $$$$$$$ to build a safeguarded structure better than almost anyone else. How do I know that? Well the US Space agency uses them and so does NASDAQ and also ........ I can't disclose or I'd have to kill you all!

Asher

HAHA! No further questions, I promise!! :-D

Alain Briot

pro member
Any site can go down, unfortunately, but a cloud server is the most reliable approach. I host my site on a cloud server for this reason.