• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Mr & Mrs Multicolor

Peter Dexter

Male and female Multicolored Tanager. This species is endemic to Colombia and is limited to only a couple of departments or states in the country. The best place to try to find it is in the cloud forests above the city of Cali. The male has seven different colors hence the name. The one not visible in this image is the very deep navy blue on chest and belly. After many tries I realized you can not use flash when photographing the male as those pale blue feathers on his flanks are actually iridescent and will always get blown out with flash.

31118853816_59e1edc5d0_b.jpg

31153843875_44eccc58ca_b.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

Lovely catch - I adore birds and flight. Wished we had birds in Texas like this. My backyard is made for birds...food water and everything trees and flowers. Thank you for such a beautiful bird -

Charlotte-

Charlotte Thompson

SE Texas we do have nice birds but not like those you have photographed I love Cardinals here. I have a pair that lives and nests in my backyard. They are so very special! Do you use a Canon? So pristine!

Charlotte-