• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

nostalgia oozes

Mark Hampton

Hi Hi,

I went to a concert the other week - I dislike the music (traditional Scottish folk) with an intensity that I can feel as I type. The nostalgia oozes of the audience and gives me a vertigo feeling. But I had a plan - Take pictures of the people listening as the lobotomy occurred.. Use the camera on a very high ISO so the image breaks apart and enlarge the OOF people... The I would use so chairman moa binary over the top (one of his statements on culture) to further enhance the splendor...

that was the idea - and I think its working - but I also stole this bit time below... I am sharing this because it like finding the unexpected

fullsquarecroppedlarge.jpg

Left leg in - M Hampton

Doug Kerr

Hi, Mark,

Brilliant piece.

I can almost see Pete Postlethwaite, OBE working his way across one of the rows.

Please, no strings of "1" and "0".

Best regards,

Doug

Doug Kerr

So, is this a binary number?

Could be. But in decimal, it is 1/0.0000000099

Or in octal, it is decimal 17043521.

Once, during a meeting of one of the ASCII working committees, I was responsible for working out the details of the hotel reservations of our party, and I arranged for all of us to be on floors 10 and 11, in rooms whose numbers had only 1's and 0's in them.

Mine was, lets say, 1011. Somebody said, "Does your room have a binary number? I said, "They all do - mine's is 1111110010".

Best regards,

Doug

Mark Hampton

So, is this a binary number?

Could be. But in decimal, it is 1/0.0000000099

Or in octal, it is decimal 17043521.

Once, during a meeting of one of the ASCII working committees, I was responsible for working out the details of the hotel reservations of our party, and I arranged for all of us to be on floors 10 and 11, in rooms whose numbers had only 1's and 0's in them.

Mine was, lets say, 1011. Somebody said, "Does your room have a binary number? I said, "They all do - mine's is 1111110010".

Best regards,

Doug

you nutter ! lol

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Hi,

I went to a concert the other week - I dislike the music (traditional Scottish folk) with an intensity that I can feel as I type. The nostalgia oozes of the audience and gives me a vertigo feeling.

Left leg in - M Hampton

It used to be evoked pangs of passion for lost memories of life one used to enjoy. However, these folks have nostalgia for some distant culture they never even knew!

Nostalgia certainly isn't what it used to be!

Asher

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Hi,

I went to a concert the other week - I dislike the music (traditional Scottish folk) with an intensity that I can feel as I type. The nostalgia oozes of the audience and gives me a vertigo feeling. But I had a plan - Take pictures of the people listening as the lobotomy occurred.. Use the camera on a very high ISO so the image breaks apart and enlarge the OOF people... The I would use so chairman moa binary over the top (one of his statements on culture) to further enhance the splendor...

that was the idea - and I think its working - but I also stole this bit time below... I am sharing this because it like finding the unexpected

Left leg in - M Hampton

Mark, this is a most excellent capture!
I love the way all except one are caught in the rapture.
The lady mid-image stealing a glance at you makes it for me!
She wouldn't even grant you a turn-of-the-head, just a shift of the eyes!
Well done!

Andy brown

Mark, this is a most excellent capture!
I love the way all except one are caught in the rapture.
The lady mid-image stealing a glance at you makes it for me!
She wouldn't even grant you a turn-of-the-head, just a shift of the eyes!
Well done!

I totally agree John, superb image and the woman you speak of has such a wonderfully dour turn to her mouth. The other patrons in her vicinity also have something going on (the man asleep on his partner's shoulder, the bearded guy, the other bassett houndlike woman. It's all in that section and the rest of the crowd provide a great backdrop.

good stuff!

Mark Hampton

thanks for the feedback - as has been pointed out the grumpy faced woman is the key. I could just c her.. her glance freaked me out !

it just goes to show the type of people that like this music !

There is also no-just-one people that sleep... Paying to sleep? Worthy to go to the Marriot... You got the one that sleep
the ones that take that very seriously (WE understand)
the ones that got bored but don't want to show
the ones that don't bother and chat at each other ears
the one that made a point at detecting the photographer (I know where you live!)
the ones that cry in the inside (when will it end!)

Very passionate evening indeed...
great shot of passionate people...

Mark Hampton

There is also no-just-one people that sleep... Paying to sleep? Worthy to go to the Marriot... You got the one that sleep
the ones that take that very seriously (WE understand)
the ones that got bored but don't want to show
the ones that don't bother and chat at each other ears
the one that made a point at detecting the photographer (I know where you live!)
the ones that cry in the inside (when will it end!)

Very passionate evening indeed...
great shot of passionate people...

Crowed_focus_Blurred2101.jpg

Crowed_Focus_Blurred3101.jpg

Crowed_Focus_Blurred710101.jpg

these are still sketched - but it may give a indication of what I wanted...

I find that very 1982's Kraftwerkian. Touched a string in my inner harp, if I may tell. I know that's not everybody's cup of tea, but definitely my tea garden.... Do you have somewhere else where I can see your work?

Mark Hampton

not really, Sandrine... no site... although its in the planning stage..

photobucket - heidroom is where things are deposited

there is work up there ...

Charlotte Thompson

Mark

It's a concert of ghosts" perfectly so!
haunted - the Black and White other world photoshop? does the trick
love it!

Charlotte-