• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Metal concert photos

Nuno Alexandre

Hi,
Just sharing some of my "latest" work, hope you enjoy it and feel free to shoot any question or critique.

eosphoto-3094.jpg

Neck Breakers Ball 2011, Milking The Goat Machine @ Voxhall, Aarhus. Denmark © Nuno Alexandre

eosphoto-3321.jpg

Neck Breakers Ball 2011, Legion Of The Damned @ Voxhall, Aarhus. Denmark © Nuno Alexandre

eosphoto-0865.jpg

ThrashFest 2011, Exodus @ Voxhall, Aarhus. Denmark © Nuno Alexandre

eosphoto-3222.jpg

Neck Breakers Ball 2011, Equilibrium @ Voxhall, Aarhus. Denmark © Nuno Alexandre

Thanks for looking.

Hi!
I don't know if you'll "speak" to someone around here :)

I like the second, but think it's too much cropped - but I know what it is, space is tight is those gigs.

As for exodus, I think my husband will have a tear in the eye. I didn't even know they were still "alive".

Nuno Alexandre

Hi!
I don't know if you'll "speak" to someone around here :)

Hello!
yes i think you're right, that's one of the reasons I haven't posted much in here, but I tend to follow the people/ fashion threads - great work in these forums.

I like the second, but think it's too much cropped - but I know what it is, space is tight is those gigs.

Oh, that's not cropped - That's a fullframe at 16mm! distance from subject is 94cm.
There is not much space in the pit.

As for exodus, I think my husband will have a tear in the eye. I didn't even know they were still "alive".
Yeah they still play and going strong, there is a new album coming out pretty soon.

Here's another shoot, at the dressing room after the show:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/unoleandre/5252162406/#/photos/unoleandre/5252162406/lightbox/

yes I can see undoubtedly the sign of age.... :)

let's build a secret place where we can put these shots and I post some of mine (when I was young). The actors are equally groomed, but not walking by the same tracks...

In short, open a new thread with a challenge on Rock/metal/punk photos...
You're the newbie, you first (that's what they used to say during the civil war)

Mark Hampton

Hello!
yes i think you're right, that's one of the reasons I haven't posted much in here, but I tend to follow the people/ fashion threads - great work in these forums.

Oh, that's not cropped - That's a fullframe at 16mm! distance from subject is 94cm.
There is not much space in the pit.

Yeah they still play and going strong, there is a new album coming out pretty soon.

Here's another shoot, at the dressing room after the show:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/unoleandre/5252162406/#/photos/unoleandre/5252162406/lightbox/

Nuno,

the second !! man I think you have all the energy in the sun stopped in that picture.. I may DL some of their music... I hope they live up to the picture.

cheers

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi,
Just sharing some of my "latest" work, hope you enjoy it and feel free to shoot any question or critique.

eosphoto-3094.jpg

Neck Breakers Ball 2011, Milking The Goat Machine @ Voxhall, Aarhus. Denmark © Nuno Alexandre

eosphoto-3321.jpg

Neck Breakers Ball 2011, Legion Of The Damned @ Voxhall, Aarhus. Denmark © Nuno Alexandre

eosphoto-0865.jpg

ThrashFest 2011, Exodus @ Voxhall, Aarhus. Denmark © Nuno Alexandre

eosphoto-3222.jpg

Neck Breakers Ball 2011, Equilibrium @ Voxhall, Aarhus. Denmark © Nuno Alexandre

Thanks for looking.

Nuno,

These are spectacular both as pictures, as a solution for close distances, as a response to the challenge to put a mood of the performers into 2 dimension and lastly but most dear to me, the fact that you return to share your work!

It's surprising how few folk make use if wide angle lenses to get an effect. Here it works giving the subjects confrontation. They're in our faces, so they all work well.

How about the lighting? How did you manage that and did you have a big issue with color correction. That's always a struggle. after all the odd colors are part of the set, but usually there's too much yellow from tungsten light.

Asher

Nuno Alexandre

Thank you for the kind words!

regarding the question about color balance, for these photos, I've used a flash gelled blue then later in post, I warm it up as/if needed, sometimes, in addition to that setup, I also change the color balance in the camera to fluorescent, so it ends up around 5100K