• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Fun: The Guitar Player

fahim mohammed

p567506655-5.jpg

fahim mohammed

Something tells me that's your son. A very nice image, I like the blur from the moving arm that makes a vignette by itself.

Thank you Sandrine. This is my son.

A while back he came home from the hospital after a day and half of on call in the ER.
He wished us, went in. Brought his guitar and started playing.
The photo was take then.
He did not speak. Just played the guitar for some time.

A teenager was brought to the ER, he said. Traffic accident. We tried our best, he said.

My son then walked back to his room. Remained there for a very long time.

Regards.

Charlotte Thompson

Then Fahim
he is a sensitive artist like you-
I like the process and angle too
gives a haunting yet moving aspect to it- as if it were moving to the music

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Fahim,

The picture is immediately interesting and pastoral. The hands are remarkably smooth and cultured, the arm is strong, but comes from somewhere else; mysterious.

p567506655-5.jpg

Once you tell us of your son appearing and silently getting his guitar after attending to a tragic accident victim and despite all efforts having the person succumb, there's a blanket of consolation and reflection. Why do such losses happen to us? How can we be better at serving the folk that depend on us? How do we, ourselves deal with the impact of this on our own psyche? How more precious are the lives around us!

I do not believe that pictures should, must or can "speak for themselves" as a general "rule" in art appreciation. Still, the picture should at the least, get our attention. This does. Moreover, it tells a lot even before we know its setting and tragic setup.

Thanks for sharing and your humanity.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Then Fahim
he is a sensitive artist like you-
I like the process and angle too
gives a haunting yet moving aspect to it- as if it were moving to the music

Charlotte-

Looks and feelings like his mother. Feeling down, he plays the guitar. Only his mother can approach him during this period.

Stay well Charlotte.

fahim mohammed

Fahim,

The picture is immediately interesting and pastoral. The hands are remarkably smooth and cultured, the arm is strong, but comes from somewhere else; mysterious.
Once you tell us of your son appearing and silently getting his guitar after attending to a tragic accident victim and despite all efforts having the person succumb, there's a blanket of consolation and reflection. Why do such losses happen to us? How can we be better at serving the folk that depend on us? How do we, ourselves deal with the impact of this on our own psyche? How more precious are the lives around us!

I do not believe that pictures should, must or can "speak for themselves" as a general "rule" in art appreciation. Still, the picture should at the least, get our attention. This does. Moreover, it tells a lot even before we know its setting and tragic setup.

Thanks for sharing and your humanity.

Asher

Asher, blessed are those that have a safety net in times of need. Mine is my faith, family and friends. We encircle each other. The smallest and the biggest crisis in life we have faced as one;
and our faith has seen us through.

Thank you for your kind comments.