• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Cabaret Random

Tom dinning

Registrant*
I had the privilege to photograph the final dress rehearsal of the performance from the local college Performing Arts class yesterday.
What a show! It was hard to concentrate on what I was supposed to be doing with so much talent throwing itself around. It warms my heart to know that the performing arts is in such good hands; teachers and students.
Here are a few shots. You should have been there.

_D3S0062 by tom.dinning, on Flickr

095CSC by tom.dinning, on Flickr

058CSC by tom.dinning, on Flickr

026CSC by tom.dinning, on Flickr

028CSC by tom.dinning, on Flickr​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

030CSC by tom.dinning, on Flickr

Tom,

Great job but far more difficult than photographing flowers or oneself, LOL

It never ceases to amaze me how many folk are far more talented that I am. Yet in photographing performances like this, one still gets a tad of a special thrill for being associated with all the glee and enthusiasm of these capable performers.

You have hooked on to a great past time. watch out as it's addictive!

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
During the rehearsal I was allowed on stage and able to penetrate the activity. The artists were very tolerant and accomodating. At some stages I felt I was part of the act. You have to realise I'm almost 4 times their age. By the time I was finished I had to have a good lay down. They went for food and did a full performance in front of a packed house that very evening. Oh, to be that young again.
I haven't done a lot of this sort of work and I was a lot younger when I did. It was incredibly uplifting, challenging, and a good lesson learnt on the run. I could very well become addicted to it if just for the performance alone. They loved the photos and want me back again. That was nice. I hope they wait until I'm out of traction.
Cheers
Tom