• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

On stage - with accordion

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Bob's post reminded me of a short series I took of a singer some time ago.

Here it is:

Michael,

It's so hard make pictures at concerts where the band is spread out but we don't see the crowd. We're always making hard decisions to get a decent composition. Here, however, when it's dark, the singer is isolated and we have a more powerful image. Starting with this wide angle is such a good idea as we get the context of the concert.

The pictures that follow show us more detail and expand the experience. I do like your organization as it makes reading the series so enjoyable, bring us there.

Thanks,

Asher

Michael Nagel

Hi Asher,

Thanks. This was one of the many occasions where I arrived at a concert without knowing that there will be one.
The only lens I could use with the light I had was my old MF macro lens and this is simply what I could get from that situation. I liked the music and this helped to stay a little, but I never used an MF lens in such a situation again since...

Best regards,
Michael

Oh, Michael, they are all good, but I just love the first one; just brings the atmosphere and mood that is often needed in a photograph showing music. Really love that one.
Maggie