• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Cellar Glass Panels - Haworth, W. Yorkshire '15

Paul Abbott

boxo_glass_1_of_1_600.jpg

Cellar Glass Panels - Haworth, W. Yorkshire '15 - Paul Abbott
RICOH GR

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

RICOH GR

Paul,

Here color defines the work here and could not be shown in your customary B&W presentation.

These are so rich in colors, textures, jagged, smooth and even layered surface patterns! The rectangular arrangement made me first think of glass bricks we use a lot in the USA with brick size from about 6" square to a foot or more. What is the scale of your glass panels and is the rust Corian steel designed to have that patina or is this, instead aging of unprotected steel or iron? I guess the latter as the surface of the rust seems broken up.

Asher

Last edited:

Doug Kerr

Hi, Paul,

For some reason, for a while I couldn't see this image. I think it was a problem in my browser reaching the server on which it was hosted. Possibly a DNS problem. But I can see it now.

It is very nice.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

RICOH GR

I just noticed that my good friend Doug remarked that this was nice!

I would like to go further to try to articulate why it is so attractive.

The photograph shows an ordered series of heat annealed and fractured glass surfaces fitted into equal square spaces in a window with rusty iron framing keeping everything in place. There is such a variety of surfaces and colors that one can always find several blocks, nearby or at some distance which seem related or complementary to any particular glass block one choose to focus on. There are thus, endless such combinations and this can be quite an absorbing an beautiful distraction. This is why I think the picture is so engaging and may I say, "nice"!

Asher

Andy brown

I agree Asher and I also like the geometric aspects.
Jerome reminded us recently of the work of Mondrian. I believe Mondrian would approve of this work.
Nice! Bloody hell! Abbott is on fire.
Paul, would you consider this a particularly purple patch for you or just business as usual?