• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Zither

Michael Nagel

Music Photography - I think that instruments count.

The zither is less common in todays music, still many know the sound of a zither.

The following two pictures were taken while a zither was in the making.

A little further away:

No overview shot - this was not the goal here.

For those who don't remember the sound of a zither, there is the famous movie The Third Man where the sound of the zither was immortalized by Anton Karas.

Best regards,
Michael

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Music Photography - I think that instruments count.

The zither is less common in todays music, still many know the sound of a zither.

The following two pictures were taken while a zither was in the making.

A little further away:

No overview shot - this was not the goal here.

For those who don't remember the sound of a zither, there is the famous movie The Third Man where the sound of the zither was immortalized by Anton Karas.

Michael,

I too have a fascination for the form of musical instruments. They can vary from industrial looking to erotic! In your web galleries I discovered a picture of a bicycle saddle, bereft of it's cover, bare springs lined up as if it was a distant cousin of the zither that occupies a different ecosystem.

Those pictures seem to work well next to one another. Your approach to both of them is also similar emphasizing the parallel nature of the wires.

I recommend everyone to look at more of your work in your delightful online gallery, so full of surprises, one after the other. We see things you have shared here, but in a different context and that's a rich experience.

Asher